MaxAir vent opens and stays open but closes when I turn on the fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxAir vent opens and stays open but closes when I turn on the fan

I read through the previous post regarding the vent not opening to see if there were any similarities with my problem, but no.

I can open my vent and it stays open, in fact all day yesterday it was open. As soon as I turn on the fan it runs for a couple of seconds, then shuts down, and the vent closes. I do have a cover over the vent so rain isn't the problem and it has worked in the past. Just started acting up this week. Thoughts???
    Gary and Carla, "Livin' the Dream!"
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, extended cab, 8' box, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

Originally posted by Livin' the Dream View Post
    I read through the previous post regarding the vent not opening to see if there were any similarities with my problem, but no.

I can open my vent and it stays open, in fact all day yesterday it was open. As soon as I turn on the fan it runs for a couple of seconds, then shuts down, and the vent closes. I do have a cover over the vent so rain isn't the problem and it has worked in the past. Just started acting up this week. Thoughts???
    Open the vent how--manually or electrically? When you turn on the fan with the vent closed, what happens? Is this a wall-mounted control powered unit or a wireless controller unit?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, this theory isn't completely coherent but how 'bout dirt or debris on the rain sensor? Something that could move around a little when air is blown over it? (This suggestion may reveal how little I know about the sensor!)
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Howard, it closes whether I open it via the control panel or by hand. I did just turn on the fan with the top closed and it stayed open a little longer then shut down again. As it was shutting down I hit the fan on button and it opened and stayed on. I'm beginning to think I have a bad controler
        2021 Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

Howard, it closes whether I open it via the control panel or by hand. I did just turn on the fan with the top closed and it stayed open a little longer then shut down again. As it was shutting down I hit the fan on button and it opened and stayed on. I'm beginning to think I have a bad controler
          If an OEM install w/wired cntrllr there have been cases of staples drvn through the cable, shorting the wires.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Oh, that'll be an easy fix........not!
            2021 Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

Working...
            X