Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloview RD7P

Hi All
    I tow a boat behind my trailer (previous ones, not the 303 yet) and like to see it.
    Looking at purchasing this for a spring installation.
    https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html
    I'm thinking of running the cable forward on the driver's side of the trailer rather than on the roof.
    Has anybody on the board installed a 'Range dominator' system on their trailer? I'm looking for ideas/opinions on how to run the antenna extension wire forward. I'm not keen on Haloview's idea of running it on the roof. Maybe gluing it to the roof with TPO sealant would be ok? Maybe not?

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

I have one ordered, and am thinking about painting the cable and just sticking it to the roof with sealant. Haven’t seen the jacket of the cable yet, so I don’t know if paint will stick.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Has anybody on the board installed a 'Range dominator' system on their trailer? I'm looking for ideas/opinions on how to run the antenna extension wire forward. I'm not keen on Haloview's idea of running it on the roof. Maybe gluing it to the roof with TPO sealant would be ok? Maybe not?
      I have the RD5 on my rig. I ran the cable on the roof and secured it with the 3M "stick down" cable ties supplied plus I added some extra. It appears to be holding very well and I like that the ties themselves are easily detachable to allow cable removal. I have the antenna mounted on the trailer forward of the roof material itself. Mounting on the roof does make basic roof cleaning a little more work but again, the ability to "unhook" the tie itself allows you to clean the area under the cable. It does not flap around in the windstream.

Of course, you could mount the antenna on the forward part of the frame and have the cabling running along the frame itself. Try it first before mounting and see how well it works. I did consider it but I have a bike rack ( Jack It) mounted on the front and it gets rather busy in that area. Where ever you decide to place it, I think you find the RD system works very well.

Good luck

Robert and Chris
      2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
      2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the feedback captain, I was wondering how well those 3M 'sticky backs' would work on the tpo.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          I was wondering how well those 3M 'sticky backs' would work on the tpo.
          I "cleaned" the area with alcohol wipes. I did have one come loose that was holding the bundled extra cable when I bumped it cleaning the roof but other than that, they seem to be holding quite well.

Robert and Chris
          2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
          2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X