Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2021 310GK with Roku TV

Hi all,
    I tried searching for an answer on this forum but no topics popped up.
    We cannot get any "Park cable" programs with a Roku TV, I've tried 3 of them , one connected directly to the cable TV source outside and still nothing. An old Samsung 19" TV I have in storage works fine, found all 60 park channels.
    All other type of NON-Roku TV finds the 60 cable channels they offer here at our winter haven but not Roku TV.

One of the full time maintenance guys here said he's never successfully had an owner of a Roku TV "find" park cable, regardless. And he's the maintenance guy for 400 RV sights here at Pioneer Beach RV in Port Aransas so he has seen this issue time and time again.

Anyone else have this issue?

I do not want to pay for Satellite TV and streaming is poor here except off our Verizon phones which the unliimited data plan gets throttled at 15 gig, which you can burn through quickly!

Our only options at this point are:
    Antennae TV
    Buy a "normal" TV (Not Ruku)

Thanks!

Here is our new RV, we did the swap today!

Last edited by Country Campers; 12-21-2020, 06:41 PM. Reason: Fixed title to read "GK" instead of "MK"
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

I haven't had any trouble getting "park cable" at several different RV parks with our TCL Roku TV.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
      I haven't had any trouble getting "park cable" at several different RV parks with our TCL Roku TV.

I've tried 3 Roku TVs, no luck, and a Samsung (19") with luck.

Which outlet do you have your TV plugged into?

(Picture below showing both ports, which we have tried both with no luck on Park cable)

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
        Which outlet do you have your TV plugged into?
        It's plugged into the "TV" port. A number of people have reported loose connections in the A/V cables in the RV but if you had other TV's connected successfully, that may not be the problem.

Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

sportsdad60 -- the report in post 3 stating the Samsung 19" picks up the park cable suggests a setting issue in the Roku's menu. What is the exact model of the "Roku TV"?

Brian ( bertschb), in post #1 it's noted the OP connected the Roku directly to the cable source (outside) and it still didn't work, so that troubleshooting step should eliminate the RV as an issue. What model TCL "Roku TV" do you have?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Brian ( bertschb), in post #1 it's noted the OP connected the Roku directly to the cable source (outside) and it still didn't work, so that troubleshooting step should eliminate the RV as an issue. What model TCL "Roku TV" do you have?
            howson My factory 50" TCL TV (with Roku) is a model 50S425. I can't imagine having the Roku system embedded in a TV would prevent it from receiving cable TV signals at a particular RV park but I've seen stranger things...
            Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

User error.

I missed the 3 CAT 5 connex and now have it plugged into the Cable port and it's picked up the channels.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
                User error.

I missed the 3 CAT 5 connex and now have it plugged into the Cable port and it's picked up the channels.
                We've all been there and done that (in one way or another). Thanks for the follow-up!
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X