washer dryer hook ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washer dryer hook ups

has anyone added washer dryer hookups in the 2020 reflection 31MB 5th wheel clothes closet in the master bedroom

Originally posted by N&R Adventures View Post
    has anyone added washer dryer hookups in the 2020 reflection 31MB 5th wheel clothes closet in the master bedroom
    I am not aware of someone on here doing that. All of your water hook ups should be right underneath that closet. You would have to attach the drain to the grey tank fittings underneath. I think this should be doable. Adding the washer drain will cut into your grey tank storage.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

In looking at your floor plan is looks doable. With the basement under you can connect up to the gray tank - you have two correct, one for the shower and one for the kitchen?
      Power might be tricky, but if the back of the breaker panel is accessible from the basement that should work. One problem is removing the drawers at the bottom of the closet. or were you going to install up top? I don't think the drawer frame could support the weight.

Question - where would you put your cloths?
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

we live in the 5th wheel full time the mid bunk room is actually an office so we are planning to hang the clothes in there sideways with an attachment to make the hanging rod sideways instead of dead on. the drawers - yes that is one thing i have not worked out yet - it might be possible to shift the drawers to the top and the washer dryer to the bottom.

Comment

we live in the 5th wheel full time the mid bunk room is actually an office so we are planning to hang the clothes in there sideways with an attachment to make the hanging rod sideways instead of dead on. the drawers - yes that is one thing i have not worked out yet - it might be possible to shift the drawers to the top and the washer dryer to the bottom.
          Or if your a good carpenter shift the drawers to one side. Are you looking at a combo unit, ofrstacked? If combo that would leave you hanging space above. Disclaimer - I know nothing about these washer dryer combo units - we do laundry while camping at the campground, or in town depending on how clean and expensive the washers are. As an engineer I do know the spin cycle puts huge stresses on the surroundings.

If your not a good carpenter check for a local cabinet shop. They may be able to re-use some of what you have, but I suspect they will tell you is junk and a total re-do - which is not a bad thing. BTW - be sure you put a safety drain pan under the washer/dryer and drain outside. A burst hose can make a huge mess per some of the threads I have read.

Hope this helps
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Another thought I just had , that's 2 for today and that is my limit. Make sure when drilling the dryer vent hole to the outside that you miss any of the wall structure. On cool mornings with a little dew on the campers sides you will be able to locate the wall frame work.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

thank you so much for all the info. after doing a little more research it will sit on the bottom and the drawers will be moved up top with a shelf at the very top since this is a lager space. the washer dry combo is called splendide it is rated top in the rv world by what i have read and reviewed. yes washer pan on bottom is mandatory. it will be vented outside - drying time is less and moisture in the unit is less. We will not be doing this ourselves - even though we could - this will be left to the rv company we bought the unit from. our 5th wheel is brand new and this way all will be covered warranty wise. Thank you again for all the info

Comment

I would love to find out if this washer/dryer addition work-out and the cost associated with it. Also do you feel you have enough storage space now in the bedroom still? That is the only hold up from buying this unit. Thank you so much for your response. Would love to see pictures if possible.

Comment

See bkbigelo 's question in post #8.

bkbigelo--as that was your first post, I hope you'll take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members The letter's intent is to get you "up to speed" as quickly as possible on how this forum works.

Howard
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X