Dual tuner PVR hack 380FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual tuner PVR hack 380FL

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_124201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	40080Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_131319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	40081Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_132615.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	40082Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_124139.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	40083

For those who have dual tuners in their satellite boxes here is my easy hack. If you don't need "cable" at your main tv you can remove it from the amplifier and use it for the second satellite tuner. Simply connect the second coax feed from your dish to the CABLE input in the bay. You can put a single coax wall plate instead and still use the original connector on the OEM plate for the primary satellite feed. I did it this way because I plan to use the white coax marked OUT at the AUX/SAT connector as a back feed from my PVR to the bedroom and basement tvs. I've done this before on other trailers and motorhomes and it works great. In my case here I also have cable internet but I use the bedroom sat feed to hook up the cable modem hidden behind the tv. I took the dual coax wall plate from the kitchen coffee station since it will never be used. I rerouted the on/off switch for the 2000 watt inverter from the basement to the now vacant hole in the coffee bar where the coax wall plate was. Best part is none of this affects antenna tv channel reception since you don't disconnect from the antenna. NOTE: If you plan to back feed your satellite out to the other tvs then you will lose the antenna to those tvs but not the main one unless you add a switch. Since coax tv wiring is pretty much standard in any rig you can do this in any trailer that has an amplified antenna, sat and cable inputs. In this case the orange cable is SAT in and the black is CABLE. The white wire feeds the antenna to the bedroom and basement from the amplifier, the grey wire is the input from the antenna to the amplifier.
    Last edited by Livin Large; 01-14-2021, 07:02 PM.

Now you tell me. Right after I turned off our satellite subscription....

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Glad I could help Jim.

Comment

Working...
      X