AM Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM Radio

2019 Reflection 29RS purchased in May 2019. Is anyone else having problems getting AM Stations. The Radio is a Furrion DV3300. We have no trouble getting FM stations but when switching to AM it just scans all through the channels and never stops. If it does stop on a channel there is nothing but static there. I also noticed that there is no Auto type antenna anywhere on the Roof. Don't they install them anymore?
    Lloyd & Sandy
    2019 Reflection 29RS - 2004 Ram 4X4 - 5.9 Cummins - Reese 16K Slider Hitch

The radio is easy to remove. There is a plastic face plate that snaps on the front. Pull that off and there will be 4 screws that hold the radio in. Carefully slide the radio out and check the connections on the back. I am not sure but I think the radio receives through the tv antenna. There may be a place to connect another antenna but I can not remember when I had ours out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

lloydt ,

Hi Lloyd & Sandy:

The antenna connection to the radio is a standard antenna plug in, but this is adapted to coax and goes to the TV antenna. If you have FM, this connection is likely OK. You might try turning the TV signal booster on/off to see if this has any affect on AM reception. Another easy "test" would be to plug an inexpensive auto antenna into the radio to see if this picks up AM. This would tell you whether the problem is the antenna wiring or within the radio.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Back in the radio shack days they carried an antenna splinter where you could hook up 2 antennas. Don't know if they still exist.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thank you. I will try to find an equivalent fix. I did pull out the stereo and saw a small wire with a tag on it labeled "antenna". Might be an alternative. When I have some time I will check it out.
          Lloyd & Sandy
          2019 Reflection 29RS - 2004 Ram 4X4 - 5.9 Cummins - Reese 16K Slider Hitch

Comment

Also, there is a great app called AM Towers USA. It gives you the location of all AM stations.
            Jon & Melanie Nichols
            Dover, DE
            2019 Solitude 372WB-R
            2023 GMC

Comment

Working...
            X