Compass Connect Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass Connect Upgrades

I am somewhat perplexed, When GD added compass connect to the Solitude S, I call them, I was told it would control the slides lights Hvac and monitor tanks so I changed my mind about the unit I was ordering and went with the latest model that had it installed. When I went to check out the unit after it arrived at the dealer, there was no tank monitoring or HVAC control. I figured it was left off on the design change so I called LCI to purchase the additions. I was told that GD set the criteria for the LCI and it is not possible to add anything. Has anyone had this problem?

Originally posted by FreddieD View Post
    I am somewhat perplexed, When GD added compass connect to the Solitude S, I call them, I was told it would control the slides lights Hvac and monitor tanks so I changed my mind about the unit I was ordering and went with the latest model that had it installed. When I went to check out the unit after it arrived at the dealer, there was no tank monitoring or HVAC control. I figured it was left off on the design change so I called LCI to purchase the additions. I was told that GD set the criteria for the LCI and it is not possible to add anything. Has anyone had this problem?
    First--what you've been told is accurate. You can't add OneControl components in a CompassConnect configured camper.

CompassConnect is a unique (GD only) implementation of LCI's OneControl. It's easier for a technician and owner to service since there's no programming. Plug the panel into the controller and everything just works. The downside is there's no flexibility to add anything.

How can an owner know what they have? If the user panel is an OCTP ("One Touch Control Panel"--looks like a small computer monitor), the underlying system is connected to a OneControl controller. If the user interface looks like a update to a typical Grand Design interface panel, the underlying system is a CompassConnect system.

There's a detailed thread that while not 100% related to your question has a lot of information that may help clarify your trailer's capabilities. Post 14 is especially applicable as you probably have an X180T board in your Solitude S. There's also a picture of a CompassConnect-enabled user panel. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...compassconnect

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard, I figured as much, I am waiting on GD tech support to call me back so I can find out exactly what I do have, it may be easier to use a home automation on a PI and zwave...

Comment

Working...
      X