2800BH Outdoor Stove - Useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

We have met folks that do not cook inside their rigs and some that have never used the shower and toilet. So there are a variety of preferences out there.

Jim
    Yeah, that would be us too. We rarely cook inside and only if the weather is terrible. Mostly cook on the fire, outdoor stove, and e-appliances on the picnic table. The oven is where the bread is stored. We love the outdoor stove. (Actually, I just bought a Black Friday Amazon propane "Y" quick connect so my wife and I aren't doing rock, paper, scissors for the one C3 supply.) As for the shower... never used it in the last three trailers... we use the park facilities for showers. The trailer toilet is pressed into service... nobody likes long hasty walks in the dark.

Mike
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

She will never go for the public showers. She cooks inside (I hate it as it makes it too hot and AC's have a hard time cooling it back off). I usually cook outside. Bought a blackstone 22" and have a single burner electric that gets used along with a small charcoal pit. There is also an electric skillet that we use outside.

About 1/2 of the basement is cooking stuff now that I think about it.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

We love the Weber Smokey Joe. We grill then I dump the charcoal over the wood in the firepit. By the time we are done eating, the fire is blazing. Breakfast is made inside.

We use our bathroom appliances and was really sold on the size of the bathroom in the Imagine.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          We love the Weber Smokey Joe. We grill then I dump the charcoal over the wood in the firepit. By the time we are done eating, the fire is blazing. Breakfast is made inside.

We use our bathroom appliances and was really sold on the size of the bathroom in the Imagine.

Jim
          Hi Jim,

(I realize we are “wandering”. . . and moderators aren’t supposed to encourage that ) but I really like the “dump the coals over the wood in the fire pit” . . . what a great idea that I never thought of.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you Rob. I do tend to wander a bit....sorry. The new premium model locks closed and the air vents seal which really makes it nice for stowing in the passthrough. And its only $57. So this is our outdoor kitchen in an attempt to stay on topic.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/portable...-14/40020.html

Jim

Comment

Our small pit is this one https://www.webstaurantstore.com/old...0aAh0pEALw_wcB I line the bottom with foil to make clean up easy. In the AM, grab the 4 corners of the foil, lift and dump in trash. Spray inside with cooking oil, and put away for next use. Fits perfectly through the basement door.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ok, March 2024 update. Grand Design sent the drawer and the stealership charged me $500 for it too!!! I live in Florida now and had another RV repair store install the drawer (another $185.00!). I didn't have them install the stove though, I figured how hard could it be? Well, the stove doesn't have the extension pipe to get the gas fitting to the back of the drawer, and I need a hose. I've found these on the GD Parts Lookup Site, but there are 3 different hoses, which one do I need!? Anyway, I'll have to contact another stealership to order them. I'm already $1200 into replacing this stupid stove and I'm determined to finish it. Oh, I know that the original stove had the hose wrapped around it under the stove. There were little holders that held it in place. I figure I'm out of luck finding those holders.

L-ooooser!!!

Mike
                2021 Refection 297RSTS
                2020 Ford F150 Turboboost

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Charlotte View Post
                  . I've found these on the GD Parts Lookup Site, but there are 3 different hoses, which one do I need!?
                  Mike,
                  Suggest a call to GD Customer Service.

Your tale is not a good one--hope it ends well. Please update the thread with the final result.

Howard
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mike & Charlotte If you post pics of the hose holders someone here may have a source or option for them.

I hate stealerships. This is why I do a lot of my own maintenance. SO hates that I do so much of it and always complains I make enough to pay someone, but the quality of service is downright offensive (for lack of a more publically correct word) for the prices they charge.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X