No announcement yet.

OneControl issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DarnDave My VIN ends with 4232 ordered the middle of Oct. 2020 and picked up beginning of 2nd week of Jan. 2021. During that time couldn't order 3rd AC but after I took delivery heard they started installing them again.
    Greg and Cyndi 2021 Solitude 390RK 2018 F450 DRW

Comment

gregz oh man. We squeaked in with the 3rd A/C and a heat pump. Yours should be ready for it though (framed and wired). Because we have it, the "main" unit is the living room, and that is where the heat pump is also. I couldn't imagine this big of a rv without it.
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Well, decided to jump in here to establish some of my experiences with the level of knowledge in here that may help. We bought our unit 5 weeks ago last Friday, and since the Thursday before the Labor day weekend we've been dead in the water in the drive way with our OneControl Panel also. Back to the beginning, picked up on the 13th of August, and headed to our favorite campsite for a couple of days shake down fun. Leveling by outside touchscreen was smooth, and jumped into unit to extend slide, no go for about two and half hours, until I finally cut DC, and Shore power, and viola, it came out. Awning wouldn't extend also. This "intermittent" nuisance persisted with the ability to eventually each time work through it. Packed up from that two night camp, and headed off for another two week camp. After leveling from outside unit again, viola, not slide or awning again. Reset power a couple of times, and all worked. Camped for two weeks, went to wrap up, and no go again. By now very frustrated that unit had some sort of real problem, but let's just get it home, and not to dealer, so we can finish our camping season with some joy. Thus, we come to the following weekend, before Labor day. Slide has been extended, with no awing usage through panel, lights and stabilizers through panel "do" work. Just not slide or awning. As of right now, out for delivery is our new Panel from GD, and should get there today. I want to follow this string of posts simply to get feedback. I am changing out the panel myself, refused to have tech drive for an hour, and have to pay for it, when trailer was 1 week old, and couldn't button it up at any time to get to dealer. Help is this area is eagerly looked forward to. Thanks

Comment

Howard, it seems you have an extensive level of understanding of these set up. Your earlier photo of the X4 board leads me to believe that changing out the OneControl touchpad may not necessarily resolve my issue. Trust me I hope it does but will give you additional feedback once that phase is done. Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

Here we sit in our new 2021 reflection 150 260rd changed out the OneControl TouchPad, no help! Does anyone have exposure to this problem? I am very willing to dig into it because quite frankly the unit can't be moved slide is fully out. I have seen earlier threads that spoke of the X4 board. Would I be correct if I assumed it may be behind our TV? I will be calling Llippert tomorrow again and running it by Kevin, but the wife and I are really frustrated about this whole situation. Three weeks now!

Comment

I am sorry for so much in just the last couple of days, but I am really looking for any ones feedback on the new 2021 260RD slide, awning, and leveling trouble through the OneControl touchpad. The leveling works fine through the front exterior pad, but not through OneControl. The slide, and awning are dead, slide fully out, and awning won't extent at all. NEW OneControl pad says "locked" on both slide, and awning, but not connected for last 3 weeks to tow vehicle. Does anyone know if the 260RD has the X4 control unit in it, and where? Thanks

Comment

FRANK & TOBY It appears the 260RD uses the Schwintech slide mechanism. You will need to find the controller for the slide to determine if it's getting power. If it is getting power, you should be able to put it in over ride mode, or unplug the mechanism and manually push the slide in (this is not an easy task and may take several people). Finding the controller seems to be somewhat of a scavenger hunt. If you can see the plugs on the ends of the motors, there is a number that refers to the length of the wire and may help narrow down the location some.

With the number of things not working, have you checked the fuses? I'd also check the self resetting breaker or power feed to the Unity board. Most likely the Unity board will be in the basement on the curb (door) side behind the wall.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you Jlawles2, I have infact done most of that weeks ago, but the last time I was in the basement at that time I was changing out the DC converter thinking it might be my problem but bench tested both old and new discovering they were fine. But as I assembled everything back together I did a lot of wire moving around buttoned it back up and the slide and awning work just once more before it failed to this day. I will delve back into the basement to check what I thought at that time was only a central connection board, that might be my Unity board as you say. It was located up on the ceiling just inside of the wall on the passenger side. Thanks

Comment

Proper battery voltage is also key in the workings of the slides even if the converter is fine a weak or bad battery will cause all kinds of issues.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for that feedback also Brian, I pulled the battery from this new unit, and had it bench tested. Also, pulled my other trailers battery, tried it, and also bench tested. Both tested above 13.6VDC

Comment

FRANK & TOBY When you say "bench test" did you apply a load then wait x minutes and recheck the voltage? Some batteries will show good voltage and hold it until a load is applied. Even then, it may supply some amperage, but it may not be enough to keep everything happy.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I don`t think lippert really understands how much of a problem that we as owners are having with this one control system. Also their router system doesn`t work as it is suppose to either. The one control app will not connect to my phone the router system that you are suppose to be able to check the status of whats going on while you`re away won`t connect . Their Tire Linc is not a good design. I mean they want you to try and run every thing with your phone and that`s impossible. At least it is for me. I been on the phone with their customer service before and you will talk to one guy and he`ll be like whatever and you call again and get another guy and they will be very helpful. So i think lippert needs to have a monday morning round table meeting.
                          Bryan & Shelia
                          2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
                          2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

Yep I agree ๐Ÿ‘ I have had our "new" 260rd for "6" weeks as of this past Friday and it's been dead in the water in the driveway for a bit less than 4 weeks. I've had the slide extended all that time until just yesterday when they told us on Friday to unplug the power to TouchPad for at least 30 minutes, it worked to pull slide in, and then poof it locked ๐Ÿ”’ out again. By the way this is the 2nd TouchPad from GD. Me and my wife are well beyond disappointed you see she just made our "first " payment yesterday. I believe we'll be pulling unit back to dealership this week. Anyone else out there with 260rd problems similar? Moral support is all we're looking for.

Comment

Does anyone know the destination of these two connections exactly?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	16326685408845122236644681222365.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	66701Click image for larger version

Name:	16326685408845122236644681222365.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	66702 these

Comment

Working...