Lighting oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting oven

I have a 2018 Reflection 303 RLS. It takes forever to light the oven. I'm getting to old to be on my knees that long. I have not timed it, buy I would guess I wait a good 1 to 2 minutes sometimes before there is any gas to ignite. I have tried turning on stove top burners for a while, the water heater lights with no problem, the fridge usually takes 2 times once I disconnect the power. Anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? I'm worried the igniter might go out sitting there sparking for so long waiting on the gas. Thanks
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 6.7 Powerstroke Platinum Crew Cab Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Firewalker103 ,

The oven pilot should light as soon as you press in the oven knob. This over-rides the thermocouple that keeps the pilot gas valve open after it warms up. You may have to hold down the oven knob for up to a minute to keep the pilot lit until the thermocouple comes up to temperature. Typically I ignite the lighter first and then depress the oven knob so that lighting the pilot is a "gentle" process. The pilot light is the light blue flame at the tip of the red arrow in the attached picture. This is where the igniter flame should be positioned when you push down the oven knob.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have a Furrion oven with an oval burner not a straight burner like the one in the picture. I only have one knob. I turn it to the pilot sign and push in for the igniter to start. Once I get a pilot flame I hold button in for a few more seconds so the thermocouple heats up then turn knob to desired temperature. The problem is I'm holding the knob in to activate sparking and it takes forever for any gas to show up.
      Thanks Rob
      2018 Reflection 303 RLS
      2014 F350 6.7 Powerstroke Platinum Crew Cab Long bed
      2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
      Brenham, Tx

Comment

Have same problem with time it takes to light oven. Found out if I light burner on top first to bleed gas line of air it helps, but still takes a very long time to bleed air from pilot. Started using hand held gas lighter for grills and holding it under pilot, seems to work best for me rather than using igniter on oven. Also light burner before each trip so gas line is bleed of air and frig gas starts quicker.

Comment

If everything gets gas in a reasonably normal/quick timeframe, except the oven pilot . . . this should be a small area to check for leaks. Once you get the pilot lit, turn it off and go at the surrounding fittings with some soapy water.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I may not be correct on this. but look under the trailer at the gas lines. On the line to the stove there may be a valve. Make sure it is fully open. Just a thought.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Remember the small amount of propane it takes to keep the pilot lit versus the burners. Propane lines inherently get air in them and the time it takes to get the air out of the line for the pilot is a function of how small the line is.
              2019 F250 Lariat
              2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Working...
              X