PMX-1 Radio Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMX-1 Radio Remote

Does anyone know if there should be a remote for this radio. Did not seem to get one
    Last edited by howson; 02-09-2021, 06:34 AM.
    Paul, Judy and Embr
    2021 310 gk
    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
    Does anyone know if there should be a remote for this radio. Did not seem to get one

Click image for larger version  Name:	radio.JPG Views:	26 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	42245

The manual for the PMX-1 is here: https://rockfordfosgate.com/static/m..._pmx-1-man.pdf

I scanned the document and don't see any reference to a remote control. Might be worth a phone call to GD Customer Service to confirm (or maybe someone here will know for sure).

Howard

Last edited by howson; 02-09-2021, 06:35 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The only standalone remote made for the PMX is wired and it does not come with it. I have the same stereo in my 310 and you can connect it to the "RF connect" app over Bluetooth and then use your phone/app as a remote.
      Jim
      2021 Solitude 310GK
      2020 Ford F350 SRW Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by JFoust View Post

The only standalone remote made for the PMX is wired and it does not come with it. I have the same stereo in my 310 and you can connect it to the "RF connect" app over Bluetooth and then use your phone/app as a remote.
        Yes figured this all out. Took some time to get the tv and radio all working. Seems strange there is no DVD player. Gonna have to figure out a way to hook one up
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk
        2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_210230.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	42343

Yes figured this all out. Took some time to get the tv and radio all working. Seems strange there is no DVD player. Gonna have to figure out a way to hook one up
          I thought the same thing. Grand Design also did not run any extra HDMI cables up to the cabinet to add a DVD player/satellite receiver.

I was able to use a fish tape from the top cabinet and pull 2 hdmi cables up from the bottom behind the TV. In the corner of the wall behind the TV there is a square chase to run the wires. I removed the outlet behind the TV so I could get my hand behind the wall to find the fish tape. There is an existing hole for wires below the outlet but its far down and you can't get your hand in it. You really have to tape the wires good and small, then feed it slowly because the chase is FULL of wires. I won't say it was an easy job but it is doable. I did all this with the TV still in place and I did not have to disassemble the cabinet.

The stereo speakers are terrible and sound worse than the TV speakers which I did not think was possible. I removed the door on the front of the fireplace and added a JBL sound bar in that spot with a sub under the couch. It sounds incredible and fit perfectly.

https://www.jbl.com/soundbars/Bar+2.1+Deep+Bass.html
          Last edited by JFoust; 02-08-2021, 11:04 PM.
          Jim
          2021 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Was it really a door that opens or trim stapled or screwed in place? Mine is permanently attached and I'd like to remove it without damaging the front of the fireplace so I can add a soundbar there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin Large View Post
              Was it really a door that opens or trim stapled or screwed in place? Mine is permanently attached and I'd like to remove it without damaging the front of the fireplace so I can add a soundbar there as well.
              Livin Large sorry for the delay I haven't been on in a while. Yes it was an actual door with hinges on the bottom. I am not exactly sure the purpose of it.
              Attached Files
              Jim
              2021 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I suppose you could put a sound bar in there. That's what I would do. Doesn't seem to be good for much else.

Comment

jfoust did you connect your sound bar to the PMX-1 or directly to the tv?
                  2022 Solitude 382WB

Comment

Originally posted by martyb6 View Post
                    jfoust did you connect your sound bar to the PMX-1 or directly to the tv?
                    I connected the soundbar directly to the TV using an HDMI cable. If you don't then you arent able to control the TV sound with the TV remote. I also have the soundbar connected to my phone through Bluetooth so I play music directly through it also.

I have found the PMX-1 to be pretty useless and the speakers above the TV are horrible. The only thing I use the PMX-1 for now is the outdoor speakers, but they aren't great either.
                    Jim
                    2021 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
                    X