Refrigerator maintenance video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator maintenance video

Check out this great video by our lifestyle ambassadors Changing Lanes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=MBwSJL7kBZc

This was a great video - thanks for sharing GDRV-Emily !
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post
      This was a great video - thanks for sharing GDRV-Emily !
      So after watching the video what do you think of the Dometic tech removing the baffle in your trailer, Andi?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

So after watching the video what do you think of the Dometic tech removing the baffle in your trailer, Andi?
        Still confused on that, Howard. It did seem to help our fridge stay cooler, but we only had the 2 days at the end of the rally to test it out. Leaving tomorrow for a 7 day trip so will see if there's an improvement or not. Sure wish we could get an official statement from Dometic on this. GDRV-Emily ?
        Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Andi unfortunately, I am getting mixed answers. I do not want to state anything until we have cold hard facts. I am hopeful we will have a meeting with Dometic very soon. Then I can update!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
            Andi unfortunately, I am getting mixed answers. I do not want to state anything until we have cold hard facts. I am hopeful we will have a meeting with Dometic very soon. Then I can update!
            That would be great - thanks!
            Andi
            Brookings SD
            2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

GDRV-EmilyGDRV-Megan; was there any resolution to the issue of the baffle with the Dometic?
              2018 Ford F-350 6.7L Lariat
              2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL

Comment

Originally posted by TZee View Post
                GDRV-EmilyGDRV-Megan; was there any resolution to the issue of the baffle with the Dometic?
                Hi TZee. The answer is "yes", there's a resolution. I've heard first-hand from an exceptionally reliable source that the answer is to "remove the baffle". However, there's a few details that are unknown. I'm trying to get something in writing from Dometic (like a Service Bulletin) that specifically addresses the units affected and exactly how a side-vented unit should be installed since the current manual available online reflects the need for the baffle.

For anyone that may be reading this that has a Norcold--this does not apply to you. Norcold refrigerators require the baffle.

As soon as I get information Dometic I'll post it.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Andi howson GDRV-Megan GDRV-Emily after reviewing the great maintenance video above it looks like there's more than an inch of space between the fins and outside wall; notice the blocks between the baffle and the outside wall. From my understanding this means that their RV should have the baffle. However if the space between the fins and the outside wall is one inch or less then you should remove the baffle.

Did Dometic ever release a service bulletin or definitive information about the requirements for a baffle or no baffle?

Thank you,
                  Jason
                  Last edited by jxwilliamson; 02-17-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X