Dishwasher Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher Install

Our Solitude had a sticker on the island that said "Dishwasher Ready," so I installed an 18" Bosch dishwasher. We are on a trip tomorrow, so I will test this over the weekend.

Charles
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 02-12-2021, 08:09 AM.
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Crespro That looks great! I have been considering adding the same one to mine this spring. Did you have to cut and tie in to the sink plumbing lines or was everything already there? When I open the cabinet on the inside of the island I dont see anything just the sink lines. Unless everything is under the shelf on the far left cabinet? And if I recall I dont remember there being a visible outlet. I guess I don't understand what "dishwasher ready" exactly means.

Is the existing wood panel normally used on the outside for this install? I definitely like the finished look.
    Jim
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Ford F350 SRW Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
      Our Solitude had a sticker on the island that said "Dishwasher Ready," so I installed an 18" Bosch dishwasher. We are on a trip tomorrow, so I will test this over the weekend.

Charles
      Nice, clean install Charles. I'm sure other 310GK owners are interested in any other details or "lessons learned" you can pass along.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This reminds me of a birthday present I once purchased for my daughter. It was a dollhouse with "some assembly required." The Dishwasher Ready from Grand Design has a similar "Some woodworking required."

Procedures for DW build:
        • DW breaker off
        • Remove doors from DW cabinet and sink cabinet.
        • Remove floor of DW cabinet.
        • Move register and heating air duct from DW cabinet to under sink facing stove.
        • Move outlet from DW to sink cabinet.
        • Support DW cabinet ends with blocks.
        • Saw DW base out.
        • Remove DW end solid panel.
        • Saw DW end board next to supports.
        • Use table saw (many cuts needed) to size ¾ “ maple plywood for both sides.
        • Fill panels with ¾” plywood.
        • Make cuts in panel facing stove for all hardware.
        • Cut 5” maple base boards for sides and 3½” board for end. ¼ “ plywood board for back brace.
        • Make ¾ “ board to fit inside end supports for door.
        • Attach solid panel end door to ¾” board.
        • Cut lower end of solid panel door to fit.
        • Cut ¾” base for floor under DW and ¾’ base for under sink cabinet.
        • Cut ¼ inch floor to counter sides. Result is 1” solid floor to counter on both sides.
        • Install 3” screws to anchor ends of base boards.
        • Install top board over DW (inset for door wood).
        • Cut PVC drain pipe and glue in DW drain.
        • Install nonmetallic hanger for DW drain hose.
        • Cut and belt sand curved bottoms of end of sides to permit door to open – 6” high and 5.5” deep.
        • Place veneer on all plywood surfaces.
        • Use ¾” temp board for base to slide DW into position.
        • Slide DW into space with 1/16” compression all four sides.
        • Use Home Depot fitting to connect water hose to Bosch compression fitting.
        • Plumber tape on fittings and leak test.
        • Run water lines under two hot air metallic ducts.
        • Connect the power cord and DW hose to hanger and drain.
        • Place handle on door, 2” bolts cut with bolt cutter to fit.
        • Final veneer as needed.
        • Painter tape as needed.
        • Two coats Jacobean stain and two coats satin varnish.
        • DW breaker on.
        • Fill DW with salt, Finish and Cascade and test.

Tools: table saw, two drills, belt sander, keyhole saw and small hand saw, other hand tools. Linoleum: Pad with towels to close slide. Lino climbs up baseboard.

I do want to say we are very pleased with our Solitude 310GK-R. I do like the dishwasher -- used it tonight on our trip to Lost Wages (I mean Las Vegas) :-)

Below is the picture of the cabinet prepared for the dishwasher. This also may be helpful.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by howson; 02-13-2021, 08:57 AM. Reason: Converted text to list for easier reading.

Comment

My Fisher and Paykel keeps giving A3 error message that the drain line is blocked. Sure enough, I have to dismantle the cupboard to get to the drain line, disconnect it, and use a compressor to blow the drain line to the gray tank. Have done this 3 times so far in the 6 weeks that we have owned it.
          seems to me that the “dishwasher ready” drain line is just too small for the job?

Comment

Originally posted by pwilkinson18 View Post
            My Fisher and Paykel keeps giving A3 error message that the drain line is blocked. Sure enough, I have to dismantle the cupboard to get to the drain line, disconnect it, and use a compressor to blow the drain line to the gray tank. Have done this 3 times so far in the 6 weeks that we have owned it.
            seems to me that the “dishwasher ready” drain line is just too small for the job?
            I bought a dishwasher tailpiece that replaces my sink drain and attached the drain line from my Fisher and Paykel dishwasher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DW Tailpiece.jpeg
Views:	1076
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	93159
            Pat and Karen
            2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
              This reminds me of a birthday present I once purchased for my daughter. It was a dollhouse with "some assembly required." The Dishwasher Ready from Grand Design has a similar "Some woodworking required."

Procedures for DW build:
              • DW breaker off
              • Remove doors from DW cabinet and sink cabinet.
              • Remove floor of DW cabinet.
              • Move register and heating air duct from DW cabinet to under sink facing stove.
              • Move outlet from DW to sink cabinet.
              • Support DW cabinet ends with blocks.
              • Saw DW base out.
              • Remove DW end solid panel.
              • Saw DW end board next to supports.
              • Use table saw (many cuts needed) to size ¾ “ maple plywood for both sides.
              • Fill panels with ¾” plywood.
              • Make cuts in panel facing stove for all hardware.
              • Cut 5” maple base boards for sides and 3½” board for end. ¼ “ plywood board for back brace.
              • Make ¾ “ board to fit inside end supports for door.
              • Attach solid panel end door to ¾” board.
              • Cut lower end of solid panel door to fit.
              • Cut ¾” base for floor under DW and ¾’ base for under sink cabinet.
              • Cut ¼ inch floor to counter sides. Result is 1” solid floor to counter on both sides.
              • Install 3” screws to anchor ends of base boards.
              • Install top board over DW (inset for door wood).
              • Cut PVC drain pipe and glue in DW drain.
              • Install nonmetallic hanger for DW drain hose.
              • Cut and belt sand curved bottoms of end of sides to permit door to open – 6” high and 5.5” deep.
              • Place veneer on all plywood surfaces.
              • Use ¾” temp board for base to slide DW into position.
              • Slide DW into space with 1/16” compression all four sides.
              • Use Home Depot fitting to connect water hose to Bosch compression fitting.
              • Plumber tape on fittings and leak test.
              • Run water lines under two hot air metallic ducts.
              • Connect the power cord and DW hose to hanger and drain.
              • Place handle on door, 2” bolts cut with bolt cutter to fit.
              • Final veneer as needed.
              • Painter tape as needed.
              • Two coats Jacobean stain and two coats satin varnish.
              • DW breaker on.
              • Fill DW with salt, Finish and Cascade and test.

Tools: table saw, two drills, belt sander, keyhole saw and small hand saw, other hand tools. Linoleum: Pad with towels to close slide. Lino climbs up baseboard.

I do want to say we are very pleased with our Solitude 310GK-R. I do like the dishwasher -- used it tonight on our trip to Lost Wages (I mean Las Vegas) :-)

Below is the picture of the cabinet prepared for the dishwasher. This also may be helpful.
              Great write up. Please report back on how it works and survives the road.

In my case the dishwasher install for my 220RK was much simpler. SWMBO had me do the dishes.

Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Great write up. Please report back on how it works and survives the road.

In my case the dishwasher install for my 220RK was much simpler. SWMBO had me do the dishes.

Keith
                Hi Keith,

It works well. We have used it for one long weekend trip each month for about a year. We wash dishes at home each evening, so I do the same with our RV. The Bosch has the same three tray arrangement as our sticks and bricks DW. Other than packing the dishwasher, I am dangerous in the kitchen!

Charles

Comment

Working...
                X