ARC Problems Jensen JWM452

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARC Problems Jensen JWM452

Anyone else having issues hearing TV sound (Not DVD) through your RV stereo? We’ve had our 2021 Reflection 337RLS for almost a week and it’s a rainy day. What better than to stream a movie in stereo sound. 😊 No digital TV channels or cable channel volume comes through receiver either.

Anyways we have brand new Jensen JWM452 stereo and TCL TV. There is an HDMI cable connected to HDMI/ARC port on TV and to

HDMI port on back of stereo. No sound even after following all instructions to select ARC on receiver, turn CEC on at the TV, nothing. I've even replaced HDMI cable and gone as far as connecting a vizio TV to test the stereo with no good results. Any ideas?

In the receiver user manual it does state to connect “Jensen” TV to the stereo. Could it be the receiver is not compatible with other brands or is it just junk?
    Greg and Lori
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Originally posted by ggjarhead View Post
    Anyone else having issues hearing TV sound (Not DVD) through your RV stereo? We’ve had our 2021 Reflection 337RLS for almost a week and it’s a rainy day. What better than to stream a movie in stereo sound. 😊 No digital TV channels or cable channel volume comes through receiver either.

Anyways we have brand new Jensen JWM452 stereo and TCL TV. There is an HDMI cable connected to HDMI/ARC port on TV and to

HDMI port on back of stereo. No sound even after following all instructions to select ARC on receiver, turn CEC on at the TV, nothing. I've even replaced HDMI cable and gone as far as connecting a vizio TV to test the stereo with no good results. Any ideas?

In the receiver user manual it does state to connect “Jensen” TV to the stereo. Could it be the receiver is not compatible with other brands or is it just junk?
    Similar thread (with no resolution, unfortunately) here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...layer-no-audio

Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ARC is disabled by default on TCL TVs.

Try going to Settings>System>Control Other Devices

Not sure exactly, but figured it out last year for one of the kids with a sound bar.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Similar thread (with no resolution, unfortunately) here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...layer-no-audio

Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members

Howard
        yep. read it. did I miss something?
        Greg and Lori
        2021 Reflection 337RLS
        2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
          ARC is disabled by default on TCL TVs.

Try going to Settings>System>Control Other Devices

Not sure exactly, but figured it out last year for one of the kids with a sound bar.
          already set CEC on
          Still downs work
          Greg and Lori
          2021 Reflection 337RLS
          2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Comment

already set CEC on
            Still downs work
            Have you verified the cable supports ARC? Does the audio system show up in the list of devices when you search? Do you have a sound bar or other HDMI speaker that you could try to narrow it down to the TV or the audio system? At least you’d know where to spend your time.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Have you verified the cable supports ARC? Does the audio system show up in the list of devices when you search? Do you have a sound bar or other HDMI speaker that you could try to narrow it down to the TV or the audio system? At least you’d know where to spend your time.
              tried several different HDMI cables no luck

I connected a Vizio TV that worked well on my previous furrion system, no luck.

The Jensen receiver doesn't appear in CEC list on either either the TCL or Vizio.

Wont have access to a soundbar until I get done with this road trip. will try that then.

Thx for your help.

G

Greg and Lori
              2021 Reflection 337RLS
              2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Comment

tried several different HDMI cables no luck

I connected a Vizio TV that worked well on my previous furrion system, no luck.

The Jensen receiver doesn't appear in CEC list on either either the TCL or Vizio.

Wont have access to a soundbar until I get done with this road trip. will try that then.

Thx for your help.

G
                I found some info elsewhere on the net that says you have to first turn the Jensen on WITH THE REMOTE in HDMI ARC mode. Then turn the TV on.

Why that would be necessary, I haven’t a clue, but multiple people said it worked. YMMV.

John & Kathy
                2014 Reflection 303RLS
                2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I found some info elsewhere on the net that says you have to first turn the Jensen on WITH THE REMOTE in HDMI ARC mode. Then turn the TV on.
                  Wow--I'd sure like to know if that works, ggjarhead , so please post an update either way.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Why that would be necessary, I haven’t a clue, but multiple people said it worked. YMMV.
                    yes I saw that too. I've searched and tried everything that has been suggested, on this forum and variety of other sites. I'm thinking the Jensen receiver is the issue.
                    Greg and Lori
                    2021 Reflection 337RLS
                    2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Wow--I'd sure like to know if that works, ggjarhead , so please post an update either way.
                      this was tried and it too did not work.
                      Greg and Lori
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS
                      2020 2500HD 6.6 DM

Comment

this was tried and it too did not work.
                        Thanks for the update. Wish I could help...

Comment

Just speculating here, but in the Jensen Manual the HDMI port is labeled as "HDMI Out" - even though the manual later suggests that TV Input would work. Wondering if using an "old school" audio AUX cord and connecting the TV AUDIO OUT to the Jensen AUX IN (either on the front or the back of the unit) and selecting AUX input on the Jensen would work. Would be analog sound (as opposed to digital) but might work to get TV audio through the 337's speakers? Just a thought... unfortunately I don't have access to our 303 with the same setup or I would try it out.
                          Ken & Sandra
                          2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

We had the same issue and found out someone moved the hdmi cable to the wrong outlet. Our TCL TV requires the ARC be in the middle HDMI connector. Try switching HDMI outlets.

Comment

wELCOME EvangeClan !! Your first post and it is a potential solution to a problem. OUTSTANDING!! Welcome to the family and the forum.
                              If you haven't seen it already, the forum admins have taken the time and effort to create a welcome letter for the new members to help them navigate the forum and get the best possible experience from your time here. You can find it atWelcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums

Again, Welcome.
                              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                              Nash County, NC
                              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                              X