No announcement yet.

Winegard Gateway 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased a gateway thru Amazon. Read the installation manual and returned the unit to Amazon. First, the yellow/white wire that was zip tied to the bundle is wired to the light about 3 inches away. The directions say to mount the gateway directly under the 360+ for best reception. Since the yellow/white wire is powered from the light switch I found that approach to be useless. I decided to not go fishing for a power line or run a power line so I returned the unit and purchased a peplink. Just my 2 cents.
    Gundealer
    2022 F250 and 2023 337RLS

Comment

We installed the Winegard Gateway in our rig last night. My first impression is the WiFi extender isn’t going to be of great value to us, but the 4G LTE seems to work well. We live in an area with terrible cellular service and my download speed before connecting to the Winegard was .29 mbps down and .04 mbps up. After connecting to Winegard my download speed was 14.02 mbps and upload was 6.22. Not extremely fast but serviceable and way better than before. Luckily got grandfathered in with our Unlimited Data plan for 20 dollars/ month. Although they will tether speeds after 22gb.
      Todd and Shanna Dupree
      2021 375RES-R
      2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax
      B&W Companion Hitch

Comment

Working...
      X