Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion FREEZES ALL FOOD, NEVER SHUTS OFF

Furrion 12 volt 8 cubic foot refrigerator (FCR08DCGTA) 265BH

we have had our 265BH for one month and not once has the compressor on the refrigerator shut off. only if i put the dial in the actual OFF position. otherwise, even on the lowest setting the fridge stays on CONSTANTLY. it has frozen and destroyed numerous shopping trips worth of food. within 2 weeks there was a 4 inch deep frozen block of frost across the back of the fridge. that seems really fast to me, but makes sense if the refrigerator is actually acting as a freezer. We don't open the unit an abnormal amount.I don't know why this unit's compressor wont cycle, it just stays on constantly 24/7 no matter the setting. between the fridge, the bad thermometer location for the furnace and the water hemorrhaging hot water tank i have been incredibly upset and disappointed in this. Please see my other posts for details on the other problems. i cant believe in all my research i ended up buying a super crappy brand that probably won't last very long despite the fact that we are meticulous people when it comes to maintaining our homes and vehicles. If anyone has had this problem and knows a solution PLEASE let me know. we basically aren't willing to buy any fresh groceries now cause it's a complete waste. thanks

Originally posted by dave brown View Post

we have had our 265BH for one month and not once has the compressor on the refrigerator shut off. only if i put the dial in the actual OFF position. otherwise, even on the lowest setting the fridge stays on CONSTANTLY. it has frozen and destroyed numerous shopping trips worth of food. within 2 weeks there was a 4 inch deep frozen block of frost across the back of the fridge. that seems really fast to me, but makes sense if the refrigerator is actually acting as a freezer. We don't open the unit an abnormal amount.I don't know why this unit's compressor wont cycle, it just stays on constantly 24/7 no matter the setting. between the fridge, the bad thermometer location for the furnace and the water hemorrhaging hot water tank i have been incredibly upset and disappointed in this. Please see my other posts for details on the other problems. i cant believe in all my research i ended up buying a super crappy brand that probably won't last very long despite the fact that we are meticulous people when it comes to maintaining our homes and vehicles. If anyone has had this problem and knows a solution PLEASE let me know. we basically aren't willing to buy any fresh groceries now cause it's a complete waste. thanks
    In the Installation portion of the Owner's Manual is this entry:

For best and most efficient operation, the refrigerator should operate within 50°F ~ 126°F (10°C ~ 52°C). If installing near large heat sources, such as furnaces, fireplaces, furnaces, etc. Ensure a thermal barrier, such as wood paneling isolates the refrigerator space1/a4"s not to hinder performance of the appliance.

The 265BH's refrigerator is in the slide and not near the furnace, so that's not the issue.

Later in the manual, under Extreme Temperature Usage, is this entry:

If the ambient temperature is below 50°F (10°C), the dial control may need to be turned towards max to operate the refrigerator. The freezer can be operated with ambient temperatures below 32°F (0°C), but expect the refrigerator to be frozen.

Where are you at, Dave? With the refrigerator in the slide it could be much, much colder in the enclosure where the refrigerator is operating than inside of the trailer itself.

It could, of course, have a defective thermostat. I don't know where this board is, but if you can find it (and know how to use a DMM) it should be easy to test.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagram.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	44426

Is that a drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator cabinet? If it comes out and you can put your hand (safely) back in the cavity, is there a significant temperature differential?

Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer.JPG
Views:	1910
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	44427

Of course, a call to GD Customer Service is recommended. They may know more and have information or a solution.

Please share what resolves the problem.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard, thanks. nope it's almost the same as the floors ambient temperature.... maybe a degree cooler, hard to differentiate, but then it's only 38 degrees f outside right now. Thanks for the schematic and yes i'm handy with a multimeter. Now i just have to find the circuit board. Another interesting note, the fan that is constantly humming loudly (i'm assuming it's a compressor) hardly puts out any noticeable warmth on the front air panel... should be a tiny bit warm if it's cooling the inside of the fridge... something funny going on. i will try to remove that panel and look into it now. i have updated my personal profile with the VIN of my trailer.

Comment

If anyone knows where to order a new Refrigerator Freezer Controller for the Furrion Arctic FCR08DCGTA i would love to know the part number. i'm convinced mine is broken because it simply refuses to turn the compressor off. i can't find anything with this part number that has 4 posts on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0889.jpeg
Views:	2124
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	44466
        Attached Files

Comment

Call Furrion Customer Service. https://furrion.com/pages/contact

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion.JPG
Views:	1853
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	44469
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

thank you thank you

Comment

Dave,

Is this a new TT or a used one you recently purchased? Just trying to figure out why you would buy parts and repair when it would be under warranty is new.
              Bob P.
              2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
              2020 337RLS
              VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Because the local dealership is weeks out on repairs and not very responsive and i am living in it for a couple months with my family while finding a home. seems pretty easy to buy a $15 part and put this in myself

Comment

Because the local dealership is weeks out on repairs and not very responsive and i am living in it for a couple months with my family while finding a home. seems pretty easy to buy a $15 part and put this in myself
                  Did Furrion help?

Comment

Nope, furrion gave me a one line reply "take it back to the dealership". guess i can't except much more than that. That's the rules. Not so easy when your living in the unit with a family. i have learned to fix all three of my problems myself and not expect any help from the manufacturer or any of their suppliers.

Comment

Nope, furrion gave me a one line reply "take it back to the dealership". guess i can't except much more than that. That's the rules. Not so easy when your living in the unit with a family. i have learned to fix all three of my problems myself and not expect any help from the manufacturer or any of their suppliers.
                      So how did you resolve this, Dave? Or have you?

Also, can you please fill out your signature line with the requested details outlined in the Welcome Letter? (Hard to remember everyone's setup and it's time consuming to keep having to look back through posts.)

Comment

Thanks, not sure where this welcome letter is... i poked around a good bit trying to find it. Nope, haven't solved this, i ordered a new thermostat unit and adjusted it all the way to it's end .... the unit is staying about 20 degrees warmer than with the original thermostat but it's still a good 10 degrees into the freeze zone. Must be something wrong with the circuit board. Its to bad cause everything freezes still, it just take a bit longer to do so now. i will probably just buy a new 12 refrigerator and install it. We would spend that much on a hotel waiting for Grand Design or the reseller to get to repairing it anyway. Does anyone know any model numbers that fit into this alcove?

Comment

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Does anyone know any model numbers that fit into this alcove?
                            The 12v refrigerators are so new unfortunately there's not much history or documentation to fall back on. Please post the eventual resolution so this forum has your experience to reference.

Howard

Comment

Howard, thanks, no solution. i've installed a new thermosensor, no matter what settings it's on the fridge is always full on freeze mode. so the solution is to just open the refrigerator door for 5 minutes a few times a day. i have had no response from GD with questions on the fridge or anything else. i will check back from time to time to see if anyone else has found a solution. i'm just accepting that it's a bad fridge, along with a bad hot water tank, along with the lame thermostat problem (which i fixed myself), now along with an AC unit that won't work. i don't have time or patience for any of this stuff and am working to get out of the trailer as soon as i can. just accepting that buying the Transcend was a horrible decision. i've also had the dealer ignore a couple phone calls and an email. So, i'm pretty sure i'm on my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X