No announcement yet.

Furrion FREEZES ALL FOOD, NEVER SHUTS OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dave brown Dave, Unfortunately a bad dealer will leave the worst taste in your mouth. I don't know if Nevada is like Texas and you are stuck with the dealer due to franchising laws, unlike auto's which are take it to a factory dealer. Hopefully GD will get back with you and help.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by dave brown View Post
      If anyone knows where to order a new Refrigerator Freezer Controller for the Furrion Arctic FCR08DCGTA i would love to know the part number. i'm convinced mine is broken because it simply refuses to turn the compressor off. i can't find anything with this part number that has 4 posts on it.
      Ok, this is a stretch but thought I would chime in since I have "some" experience with this issue. The thermostat is a simple temperature controlled device in which it uses a thermistor (temp probe) to open/close a contact based on a variable resistance determined by the position the control knob is in. If what you're claiming is correct and the compressor is running constantly, you should be able to disconnect the output control of the thermostat and turn off the compressor to validate this theory.

I used your picture of the T-stat and marked it up:

Blue line = temp probe
      Red line = Incoming power
      Green Line = switched power (controlled by T-stat)
      Black line = Ground

Here are a few tests you can do with the Thermostat in place:

1. Confirm the temp probe is physically located inside the fridge compartment.(if it is not, the compressor will run constantly due to incorrect temperature reading)
      2. Confirm that the "RED" line is in fact your incoming power.
      3. Confirm that the "BLACK" line is in fact your ground.
      4. Confirm if the compressor kicks off when you disconnect the 'GREEN" line (it may be on a timer and may not shut off immediately so give it up to 2 minutes)

Here are a few tests you can do to bench test the thermostat if you have it out of the fridge:

1. Connect a DVM to the input (RED) and switched output (GREEN) and check for continuity while adjusting the thermistor (i.e. temp control knob). You should be able to see it open and close the switch on the DVM. (note: you may need to put the temp probe directly on a piece of ice to get it to open the circuit based on the control knob position)
      2. If above test works you know the thermostat works and the issue is not the thermostat itself.
      3. If above test does not indicate that the the thermostat cycles between an open to closed condition on the DVM when adjusting the temp control knob, you have one of two issues:
      3a. The thermostat is defective
      3b. The thermostat is wired incorrectly. Repeat step "1" above, but this time check reading between the input "RED" and the unused connector on the thermostat. If this does not resolve the issue, the thermostat is defective.

If you can perform these tests and report back your results, it will help in troubleshooting the issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image001.png Views:	0 Size:	994.6 KB ID:	49532
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Ok, so thanks for the marked up picture and directions for problem solving. Here's what i found out.
        When testing the thermostat alone (disconnected) but with its' thermistor still in the fridge i get a closed and open circuit with the setting almost to the "off" position, exactly like the original thermostat.
        When testing the thermostat alone (disconnected) but with it's thermistor outside of the fridge i get a closed and open circuit with the setting almost to the "off" position, in the same position as if it was in the fridge proper.
        When testing the thermostat alone (disconnected) but with its' thermistor on a block of ice i get a closed and open circuit with the setting almost to the "off" position, same as above.
        there's a fine spot where if i turn it slight toward colder the fridge comes on, if i turn it slightly toward the off position it turns off. so there's no range no matter where the thermistor probe is set, warm or cold
        If when normally using the fridge i turn the thermostat down to where it just shuts off, it never comes on again... it's either on or off. this is the problem and this is a replacement thermostat. But the original did the same thing.
        Voltage readings:
        my black wire (your green) reads +4.75 volts across to the blue wire (your red)
        my black wire (your green) reads +4.75 volts across to the green wire (your black)
        my green (your black) across to blue (your red) reads 0 volts
        it appears my black wire is +4.75 volts, the diagram reads green as being the ground
        disconnecting the green wire had no effect on the fridge

Lastly, it's hard for me to tell if the compressor or cooling fan is coming on or off as the only difference i ever hear is the loud fan noise (300 herz) that comes from the grating at the bottom outside of the fridge comes on and off when i play with the thermostat.

i have left a message and emailed my dealership again... i don't get any reply, again. This time i was requesting a manual to the Furion thermostat so i could know how to operate it.
        I have resigned to the fact that i'm on my own with this 265BH and all the appliances have major issues. So i appreciate anyone who offers ideas on this forum.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dave brown View Post
          ...So i appreciate anyone who offers ideas on this forum.
          Dave,
          So if you duplicate the tests shown in this video by Joe's RV Tech DIY, what are the results? (Is the thermistor similar to the one shown in the video?)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We are having the EXACT same issue with the furrion 12v fridge in our Transcend 247BH. The fridge is either fully on and freezes everything, or fully off and never runs. We have left 2 messages at our dealer, with no call back. A call to our warranty company says to call dealer, and furrion says to call dealer. In 2 weeks, our house will be sold and we will be living out of the trailer full time. We hoped that replacing the thermostat would fix the issue, but it looks like it probably will not based upon the OP answers.

Comment

We just bought ours about 2 weeks ago. Took it out for the first time this weekend and the refrigerator didn’t kick on once this weekend. Everything else that is hooked up to the electricity worked fine. I’m calling the dealer in the morning.
              2021 Transcend XPLOR 265BH
              VIN: 573TT3324M8814753

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I'm sorry that your first posting had to be for a problem. Your fridge works in different modes and just because you have shore power doesn't mean that it will automatically work as gas and 12V power are required for everything to work properly. Did it work properly before you left and is the batter disconnect on so that you have 12 volts and is the gas on and purged?
                Others that are way more knowledgeable will be along to help.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                X