Residential fridge operation using solar-Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential fridge operation using solar-Question

Our unit (2021 301GK-R) came with solar and an 18 cu ft residential fridge.

So we tested the Residential Fridge by disconnecting from shore power and turning the battery "Key" to the ON position in the forward wall of the basement.
    Some lights in our RV worked, so I know there was battery power coming through, however, the residential fridge panel lights were off. I assumed this means there is another step I need to do in order to turn on the fridge for batttery use?
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
    Our unit (2021 301GK-R) came with solar and an 18 cu ft residential fridge.

So we tested the Residential Fridge by disconnecting from shore power and turning the battery "Key" to the ON position in the forward wall of the basement.
    Some lights in our RV worked, so I know there was battery power coming through, however, the residential fridge panel lights were off. I assumed this means there is another step I need to do in order to turn on the fridge for batttery use?
    See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-refrigerator

About 1/2 through the thread a switch in the hallway is discovered that must be turned on for the inverter (changes battery power to 120vAC) to turn on which powers your refrigerator.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-refrigerator

About 1/2 through the thread a switch in the hallway is discovered that must be turned on for the inverter (changes battery power to 120vAC) to turn on which powers your refrigerator.

Howard
      Thank you. No switch in the hallway but I will double check the inverter in basement is in the ON position.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post

Thank you. No switch in the hallway but I will double check the inverter in basement is in the ON position.
        The following are a few forum members that have the same trailer--hopefully they'll see their tag and will chime in soon.

Crespro ?
        bertschb ?
        Second Chance ?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The inverter switch in our Solitude 310GK-R is on the forward wall of the basement near the battery cutoff switch. That switch will light up when it's on. Also make sure the breakers (there should be three) in the sub panel under your hutch are on.
          Brian & Kellie
          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

In our unit, the sub-panel for the AC from the inverter is located in the buffet behind the door to the left of the main power panel. Check the breakers on that. The problem we had several times was that the GFCI on the inverter itself popped and had to be reset. It's on the end of the inverter by the outlet and on/off switch on our unit (inverter in the front battery compartment). It most often trips when transitioning to/from shore power. As bertschb said, the inverter and battery switches both need to be on (we never turn either off).

Rob

Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Thanks all. I found the Magnum pure sine inverter mounted to the ceiling of the forward basement. Turned the green button on and the unit turned on, but I've not tested it with fridge yet, wife is in the shower, she doesn't appreciate things like me cutting the power.

Comment

Working...
              X