Furrion oven - erratic temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion oven - erratic temps

We've got a Furrion stovetop and oven on our Solitude 310GK. Oven is useless for baking because the temps swing so wildly. We added a hefty pizza stone. No improvement. Even had the oven replaced under warranty. Same erratic temps. Here's what the dealer said:

"Talked to Mike at GD Customer Service. He said the oven spec is +/- 10 degrees for each 100 degrees, which results in 40 degrees at 400. Ridiculous, but he can't change the spec."

I call BS. No modern oven should be that incapable. Any suggestions. Anyone know of a brand that actually works?

Thanks.
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

I'd contact Furrion directly and see if they can give you information on how to work through this. I'm attaching a contact sheet link to get you started.
    I our 2017 unit, we have an Atwood oven. It's pretty useless too. But our unit also came with a convection microwave oven. The convection oven works much better than the gas oven. We use the gas oven for storage.

https://furrion.com/pages/contact

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Seems like one solution would he to use an oven thermometer when you cook and adjust it accordingly. I dont have much experience with the oven as we dont use it much. For example, when we cook pizza, I cook it on the Weber grill.
      2019 F250 Lariat
      2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Originally posted by bradnailer View Post
        Seems like one solution would he to use an oven thermometer when you cook and adjust it accordingly.
        We have used a oven thermometer. It's not that the oven temp is constant above or below the dialed in setting. It fluctuates like a see-saw, Wild swings. Can't believe an appliance could be sold (or bought and installed by an OEM) with performance like this oven. For the record, the oven in our old Keystone Laredo, not a Furrion, didn't have this problem.

When we get home from this trip to Michigan's UP, I plan on taking the advice of TucsonJim to contact Furrion.

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
        Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
        2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
        18k B&W Companion, non-slider
        640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
        Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
        Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

We have used a oven thermometer. It's not that the oven temp is constant above or below the dialed in setting. It fluctuates like a see-saw, Wild swings. Can't believe an appliance could be sold (or bought and installed by an OEM) with performance like this oven. For the record, the oven in our old Keystone Laredo, not a Furrion, didn't have this problem.

When we get home from this trip to Michigan's UP, I plan on taking the advice of TucsonJim to contact Furrion.

-Steve
          Sorry, just a thought.
          2019 F250 Lariat
          2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Working...
          X