Winegard Gateway - for Canadian Owner - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Not sure this is the place to ask but I will try. I am not very IT savy so please be patient. I am parked outside my home and have wireless wifi. I see the signal on my phone, how do i get my wingaurd to connect to it? Do I go thru the one touch or is there a spot on the router?
    Thank you for the patience.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Barta View Post
      Hello,
      Not sure this is the place to ask but I will try. I am not very IT savy so please be patient. I am parked outside my home and have wireless wifi. I see the signal on my phone, how do i get my wingaurd to connect to it? Do I go thru the one touch or is there a spot on the router?
      Thank you for the patience.
      Did you install the optional Winegard router? It will look like the picture, mounted directly underneath the Air 360+.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220923_073056.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	95455
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        If it's available in the area (area is steadily growing) T-mobile plan for $50 a month. IT Guy at work lives in a black hole for connectivity and he loves his. It works wonders for the whole house.
        We just started our journey south to Alabama & Florida for the winter. After looking at all the options available with the Winegard and hotspots(wife has AT&T unlimited & I have Verizon unlimited for phones) we decided on T-Mobile Home unlimited for $50 a month. We got it about 2 months ago to test out before leaving Colorado. So far we have stopped in 2 places in Nebraska and one in Missouri and it has worked great!! It has had such better service that we are also plugging it in in the cab of the truck as it always seems less congested as the other two carriers.
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Update
          We have the Winegard 360 and opted for the Wifiranger Osprey that is easily connected thru the mounting of the Winegard. Our dealer installed it during delivery. T Mobile SIM easily inserted and setup was a breeze. Documentation states the same about AT&T. All my trailer devices are connected to it and I can connect to external wifi connections when they show up in the user interface so I don't use all my data.

We chose the Osprey because it does have 2.4ghz and 5ghz antennas for your devices. It is supposedly upgradeable from 4g LTE (cat 6 modem) to 5G (cat 12 modem) but they only mention it on the webpage and nothing in any other documentation. Spoke with WifiRanger and they will only provide the Cat 12 Modem (5G Cellular Antenna) when you order it. So if you have a 5G hotspot or 5G sim you want to use you will need to order the Osprey with the Cat 12 modem. You can order through them or through your dealer but you have to stipulate which antenna you want.

wifiranger.com (purchased by Winegard)

Their email contact link on their website is incorrectly hyperlinked to questions@wifiranger.com but it should be support@wifiranger.com

Hope this helps. Really liking the Wifiranger at the moment, only a week into having our Solitude.

Status update on using the Osprey. It is pretty good and moves between connections easily and allows you to set order of precedence too. It's easy to use and I use both my 4G LTE account and my 5G Hotspot. The 5G hotspot is way faster. I don't have the speed test data but it was significant. I also connected to wifi to lessen the usage on my cellular accounts but overall it has been extremely reliable. I stream our TV and connect the One Control, and 6 other devices and don't have any lag at all.
          Last edited by Lost Coz; 11-21-2022, 12:50 PM.
          Richard & Teresa
          2022 GD Solitude 390RK
          2017 Ram 3500 Laramie
          Ark of the Lost Coz

Comment

I’d like to update my last information. It is possible to manually update your APN by connecting the system to wifi. Once in wifi with internet access, access the config website for the gateway at 10.11.12.1 using a web browser on the device connected to gateway. Go to the change carrier page and select the APN drop down option for manual entry. Enter the correct APN for your carrier (you can find this from your phone settings). Save the new setting. Change from
            wifi to LTE and done.

my telus data is working fine now. zz0.9k5bqqln8jzz

Comment

I too am with Telus. I ordered a SIM card for my Winegard and am hoping to update my settings by correcting the apn for my network but I do not see the page to change carrier settings to get to the apn setting. Only see change provider. Can anyone help me get through these steps?

Gord

Comment

Originally posted by Gordob View Post
                I too am with Telus. I ordered a SIM card for my Winegard and am hoping to update my settings by correcting the apn for my network but I do not see the page to change carrier settings to get to the apn setting. Only see change provider. Can anyone help me get through these steps?

Gord
                No me--sorry. I've never attempted to use the SIM card feature on the Winegard.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X