Dual port USB charger upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual port USB charger upgrade.

I found a drop in replacement for the standard dual port usb charger that I believe GD installs in all/most coaches. If your port looks like the below picture then there is an upgraded (more powerful) charger available.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3648.jpg Views:	7 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	45069
    To find out if you have the 2.4amp version or the 4.8 version there is writing on the back of the plug with the output of the device. See below for the two models.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3620.jpg Views:	6 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	45070
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3646.jpg Views:	6 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	45071
    The part number for the upgraded version is below. I found the upgrades ones on ebay. You can search by part number.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3621.jpg Views:	6 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	45072
    I have already replaced one by simply cutting the wires from the plug and attaching the new plug wires to the old ones and did not mess with the larger crimp connectors. The other one was a new install that is installed back in the back of the coach where I am doing the wiring for the media player project. Check my other posts for that thread.
    Last edited by howson; 03-05-2021, 10:59 AM.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
    2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
    2019 Grand Design 337RLS

The only issue I had with any of those is the fact that not all of my cables worked in both sides. I could pull the non working cable out of one side plug in to the other and it would start working.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by WRingling View Post
      The part number for the upgraded version is below. I found the upgrades ones on ebay. You can search by part number.
      My GoogleFi has failed me...I can't find this upgraded part. Can you post a link, please?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My GoogleFi has failed me...I can't find this upgraded part. Can you post a link, please?
        Here ya go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SP0192-15-A...53.m2749.l2649
        <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
        Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
        2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
        2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by WRingling View Post
          Thanks! I attached Sigma's PDF with information.
          Attached Files
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I posted that stuff last year guys. :-)

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...00bh-usb-ports

Originally posted by mpking View Post

This is their complete line:
            https://www.sigmaswitches.com/PDFs/u...ng_centers.pdf

Grand Design appeared to use the SP0192-15-A0311, which is 2.4amps shared across both outlets.

SIgma ALSO has the the SP0192-15-A0312, which is 2.4 amps PER port, or 4.8 total. (Also mentions Rapid Charge, but I'm sure that just means the 2.4 Amps, not any specific advanced charging protocol, like QC3) (Not going to post a photo, since it's identical in appearance to the 311 model.

Sigma ALSO has a Wireless QC popup charger:
            https://www.sigmaswitches.com/PDFs/W...s_by_SIGMA.pdf
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
            X