Cook top glass cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook top glass cover

Anybody replace their Furrion cooktop and have the folding glass cover they'd like to sell? Just took our Transcend Xplor on it's first outing and wife slipped and shattered the glass. $400 to replace the entire top seems more than a bit excessive.

Obviously willing to pay for the cover and shipping.

Owned a SOB RV for 3 years prior to our 261BH and never broke the glass cover..

TIA
    2021 Transcend 261 BH 2017 F250 6.2l

Try a local glass place. You might be able to get a couple of pieces of tempered glass with the right holes made for cheap. I don't think the top is Pyrex or anything special other than tempered. IIRC Pyrex breaks into big pieces like plate and tempered breaks in to much smaller pieces.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I find it interesting that e-trailer sells the replacement top for the stove at $361. But you can purchase the entire cooktop at Furrion for $311. Furrion doesn't list just the replacement top, but I'd give their customer service a call at 1 800 789 3341 to see if they might be able to help you with a replacement for just the cooktop cover.

And since you're new to the technical forum, we created a welcome letter to help you with navigating the site.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Welcome to the forum.

I find it interesting that e-trailer sells the replacement top for the stove at $361. But you can purchase the entire cooktop at Furrion for $311. Furrion doesn't list just the replacement top, but I'd give their customer service a call at 1 800 789 3341 to see if they might be able to help you with a replacement for just the cooktop cover.

And since you're new to the technical forum, we created a welcome letter to help you with navigating the site.

Jim
        GD sent me just the glass replacement for my Furrion stove as I had issues with the plastic nuts being stripped from the factory and not staying tight so I suspect that Furrion will sell/send a glass top only.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Welcome to the forum.

Jim
          Thanks Jim! I called Furrion and they will sell the replacement top but they are sold out right now.. When they're in stock they should be on the Furrion website.

FWIW, they told me the top is "about $160", going camping this weekend and seeing if we even miss not having the glass. Might just forget it and spend the money upgrading something else.
          2021 Transcend 261 BH 2017 F250 6.2l

Comment

I don’t know the layout of your unit but we have a 303 without any top on the stove. We’ve never missed it. We usually prep stuff on the island, beside the sink. If we’re really tight for space we put a sink cover on (one of the two that came with this unit).
            Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
            Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
            2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
            Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
            Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by txarsoncop View Post
              Anybody replace their Furrion cooktop and have the folding glass cover they'd like to sell? Just took our Transcend Xplor on it's first outing and wife slipped and shattered the glass. $400 to replace the entire top seems more than a bit excessive.

Obviously willing to pay for the cover and shipping.

Owned a SOB RV for 3 years prior to our 261BH and never broke the glass cover..

TIA
              I still have my glass top but made a cutting board that fits over it. Another option. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_165331_copy_1612x1209_copy_1595x1196.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	48203
              Attached Files
              Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
              2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
              2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

I still have my glass top but made a cutting board that fits over it. Another option. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_165331_copy_1612x1209_copy_1595x1196.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	48203
                WOW! That's gorgeous. I envy your ninja-level, mad, <add adjective here of your choosing>, woodworking skill.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X