Cable TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable TV

How many feet of coax cable do u carry for hookup while camping? Thinking 50' of cat 5 would do?
    Last edited by Country Campers; 03-20-2021, 01:05 PM. Reason: changed "Who" to "How"

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
    Who many feet of coax cable do u carry for hookup while camping? Thinking 50' of cat 5 would do?
    Typically I find the campground's TV coax connection mounted to the power pedestal, so the coax I bring must at least be as long as the power cord. For my 315RTLS I have two coax cables I can bridge together if necessary since the trailer connection is all the way at the front. Length required varies from site-to-site.

Howard

P.S. Can you *please* fill out your sig line, Ed?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ed

I carry a couple of pieces , 15 or 20 feet and a 50' piece , that is just what I had laying around. I generally use the 20 footer but have had to use the 50 footer on occasion. Also to note we have had cable maybe 5 times in all the years of camping.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I carry a short ten or fifteen foot piece and a longer fifty foot piece, but I probably haven’t hooked it up in two years. We rarely watch TV, and if we do usually we stream it. Work requires me to maintain a solid connection on most weekdays, so I’m the evening I usually have bandwidth to spare to stream.

Also FYI you called it cat5 but that’s network cable, you’re looking for RG6 coax.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

thanks rg6

Comment

Working...
          X