Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visible Wireless Service using the Gateway 1000 router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visible Wireless Service using the Gateway 1000 router?

I have a 310GK-R on order. I am considering doing the Gateway 1000 router install and wonder if a sim card from Visible Wireless Service (which utilizes the Verizon network) is compatible with that unit. Thoughts?

Originally posted by putzpilot View Post
    I have a 310GK-R on order. I am considering doing the Gateway 1000 router install and wonder if a sim card from Visible Wireless Service (which utilizes the Verizon network) is compatible with that unit. Thoughts?
    First, congrats on the 310GK (very popular unit!). I hope you'll take a moment to read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For your specific question, I suggest contacting Winegard and/or Verizon to ensure compatibility.

There's been a few threads on installing a Gateway recently--do a search and you'll find them (gotta run...I'm at work or I'd link you to them...)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

putzpilot Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I just installed a Winegard Gateway 1000. To use Verizon, you go to the admin settings page @ 10.11.12.1 using the Username: admin and Password: admin (change the password ASAP BTW).

On the settings page there is an option to change Provider - you will change it from Winegard to Verizon (assuming Visible is using Verizon settings - check the APN) .... it will reconfigure the 4GLTE modem for Verizon. Then you can insert you SIM card, choose 4G/LTE and connect to the internet. You will need a standard size SIM card or an adapter to convert whatever Visible gives you to the large/standard size SIM card.

Here is a link to the manual: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uu-JBFSJ21rvn-
        2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
        1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
        2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

putzpilot I do not have firsthand experience with this, but I do subscribe to the RVMobile Internet Resource Center. Visible is frequently discussed there, and most people say their SIMS do not work on devices that are not phones. RVMIRC is a paid subscription site (well worth it IMO), but they do have some free articles including most of the Visible one. Here is a link to the article:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gear/visible/
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X