Dual Group 27 Battery Box for 2021 Imagine 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Group 27 Battery Box for 2021 Imagine 2600RB

I’d like to run two Group 27 batteries in parallel on my new rig. I prefer the 27’s to the 24’s, just a personal preference.

I’m looking for a simple, relatively inexpensive battery box solution. The two 27’s end-to-end will fit within the battery brackets on the tongue without a battery box, but two typical 27 battery boxes won’t because they’re too long. I’ve exhausted google with my search.

Ideally I’d like to find a compact dual box that will fit both batteries and still sit inside the rails, or two compact boxes that will still fit. Alternatively, a dual box that sits on top of the tongue’s diagonal sides and “floats” above the built-in rails, and is easy to secure without extensive modification. And I’d rather not spend $$$$ on expensive metal tool boxes or the like.

Any ideas, or am I SOL in this pipe dream?

- - - - - -
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Originally posted by gds707ca View Post
    I’d like to run two Group 27 batteries in parallel on my new rig. I prefer the 27’s to the 24’s, just a personal preference.

I’m looking for a simple, relatively inexpensive battery box solution. The two 27’s end-to-end will fit within the battery brackets on the tongue without a battery box, but two typical 27 battery boxes won’t because they’re too long. I’ve exhausted google with my search.

Ideally I’d like to find a compact dual box that will fit both batteries and still sit inside the rails, or two compact boxes that will still fit. Alternatively, a dual box that sits on top of the tongue’s diagonal sides and “floats” above the built-in rails, and is easy to secure without extensive modification. And I’d rather not spend $$$$ on expensive metal tool boxes or the like.

- - - - - -
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Try theses folks https://allbatterysalesandservice.com/
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

- - - - - -
      2021 Imagine 2600RB
      Might help. My original box is on the right in the picture (Noco brand) is 17" long. I'm a former boater so had a couple Attwood group 27 boxes around. The Attwood box is only 15" long and just managed to squeeze in. (left side in Pic) Perhaps check into Attwoods. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210401_143247283_copy_1008x756.jpg
Views:	1732
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	48624
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

I think on most of the trailer hitch, the factory battery tray should be about 28" wide. I looked up the Group 27 dimensions and it says they're 12" long. So, two of them, with an inch in between and an inch in each end would be able to fit between the rails. This box here says it's 27 3/4 wide. I have one of these on order for my 31g but it hasn't arrived yet but it seems like it would work if my math is right. But it's $339.00 which I was ok with because I'm putting two LiFePO4 batteries in it and I want them locked. This will not fit down between the factory battery tray rails (the 8 1/8" dimension on the drawing) according to my math but I plan on mounting it on top of the battery rails, and it should fit pretty good between the frame rails. I've also added a photo of my factory hitch/box which might be different from yours, I'm not sure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	box.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	48712

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	1516
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	48713
        Last edited by jlackman; 04-01-2021, 07:26 PM. Reason: added another photo
        2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

- - - - - -
          2021 Imagine 2600RB
          I guess it depends on how handy you are or people you may know. You could remove the rails of the existing battery box and attach new angle iron on top to set your box/boxes in. Just my 2Cents.

John
          John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
          ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
          2017 Jayco 26BH
          2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Working...
          X