Norcold 2118 4 door Rv frig/freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 2118 4 door Rv frig/freezer

I have a 2019 Solitude 385GK bought new in August 2020. I was caught in the rolling black outs at Lake Whitney for 3 weeks in March. Now my Norcold 2118 will not keep safe temperatures. I have found the 3” square fan below the bottom set of tubes does not work. Is there a way to test the fan to make sure the circuit board is not damaged?

Originally posted by bcarter View Post
    I have a 2019 Solitude 385GK bought new in August 2020. I was caught in the rolling black outs at Lake Whitney for 3 weeks in March. Now my Norcold 2118 will not keep safe temperatures. I have found the 3” square fan below the bottom set of tubes does not work. Is there a way to test the fan to make sure the circuit board is not damaged?
    First off, welcome to Grand Design's Owners' (Technical) Forum.

If you execute a google search as shown below and you'll find a lot of related threads to your question. Based on what I've been reading about Norcold refrigerators, it's probably just a bad fan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	google.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	49048

And when you get a moment, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There are three fans. The lower fan you referenced and two higher up near the condenser. Are the two upper fans operating? If the upper fans are operating and the lower fan is not check connections and/or replace the lower fan.

If none of the fans are operating check the thermostat. To access the thermostat remove the top outside rear vent, the thermostat is attached to the left side of the condenser fins. The thermostat closes (fans operate) when the condenser fin reaches 130f, fans shut off at 115f.

The electronics, lights, controls and fans on RV refrigerators run from the 12volt system. The only things running from the 120volt AC system are the heating elements and ice maker if installed. I’m guessing the rolling blackouts are not the cause of the fan problem as the fans are part of the 12v system.

Colan Arnold
      2016 Momentum 397TH
      Full time since 2016

Comment

Working...
      X