No announcement yet.

Hot water tank, tank heaters and convenience center levels indicator don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water tank, tank heaters and convenience center levels indicator don't work

I picked up my new 2021 297rsts 1 month ago. I was a bit rushed on walk thru (mostly my own fault) and did not see, until tonight, that the hot water heater does not work on Propane or 120V, also the gray/black tank heaters do not work. Plus, the level indicators in the convenience center do not light up. Of course, I'm calling the dealer tomorrow, but thought maybe I'm missing something since all the switches are on the upper side of the convenience center. The water pump does work. I checked all the fuses in the panel and all are good. I swapped the converter to a PD9160AL for my lithium batteries, and added a hardwired surge protector (Surge Guard), but those mods should not cause issues in the water heater et al.
    Thanks,
    Erik
    Erik & Tea
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
    ProPride hitch

After troubleshooting for 4 hours and being too wired to sleep, I gave it 1 more look...found a blown 7.5 A in-line fuse blown! All is up and running!!!
    Erik Click image for larger version

Name:	B861E637-39FA-485B-8F4B-9A01302159AF.jpeg
Views:	523
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	49254Click image for larger version

Name:	CFC03A6E-5574-4C48-B32A-4153ADAF6B7D.jpeg
Views:	479
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	49255
    Erik & Tea
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS
    ProPride hitch

Comment

Popga (Erik),
      Any idea why the fuse blew?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It would be good to learn what that fuse is for in addition to what was shared if anything. These fuses behind the panel are not a good idea. Over the years a number of folks have reported awnings not working as I recall, and found a fuse behind the panel for the awning. "Good golly Miss Molly !"
        Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

No idea. Perhaps while installing my + and - busses under the frame I caused it. I replaced the 7.5A with a 5A because that was all I had, and it’s holding so far.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1D8D2D15-D7B8-4728-929A-752582F83E11.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	49299 But it is a concern. Even though the trailer is new, I have found many wires with insulation partially worn off because they are unprotected. Especially wires running up under the front cap, rubbing on the bottom edge of the cap. I have now protected all the wires with split loom conduit. I also found, while trouble shooting why my rear stabilizers wouldn’t work (while on the phone with Lippert tech guy who was very helpful), that the wires in the cheesy little WAGO connectors were completely corroded... again let me emphasize it’s a brand new trailer. The WAGO connectors were wrapped in gooey tape and seem unsuitable for exposure to moisture. We determined I have a bad motor on the stabilizer and a new one will be eventually installed by the dealer.
          Erik
          Erik & Tea
          2021 Reflection 297RSTS
          ProPride hitch

Comment

I'm really glad you found the issue and reported back. It will give us another data point for other owners. But I need to agree with Dan that putting a fuse there is not the best idea.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Canyonlight Yes, Dan. A hidden fuse has no place embedded behind what is essentially a fuse/switch panel. If a person was unable to comfortably dig a a bit, a small hidden fuse could ruin a great trip, and cost a small fortune.
              Erik
              Erik & Tea
              2021 Reflection 297RSTS
              ProPride hitch

Comment

howson Howard, just figured out how to tag you with the “@“....
                Erik
                Erik & Tea
                2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                ProPride hitch

Comment

TucsonJim Agreed. I don’t know if GD has a list of locations for hidden fuses. It would sure be nice.
                  Erik
                  Erik & Tea
                  2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                  ProPride hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Popga View Post
                    TucsonJim Agreed. I don’t know if GD has a list of locations for hidden fuses. It would sure be nice.
                    Erik
                    Erik - they probably do but no one has found it yet cause it is "hidden" too !

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Popga I found similar issue on one of my previous units. The fiberglass cap was rubbing through the wiring insulation. I added heat shrink to repair the exposed wires, added split loom, and finally added https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Guards-...7721838&sr=8-7 (it was a pain to get over the fiberglass) to eliminate the sharp rubbing edge. I noticed on the new GD they added a few places of the same type stuff to protect items from sharp edges.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 Thanks for the tip. Does it collect water and debris?
                        Erik & Tea
                        2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                        ProPride hitch

Comment

Popga The door edge was just on the bottom edge of the fiberglass where the wire bundle was riding. The Ref vent, my failed due to sun exposure. ever had any leaks that I could find associated with the Ref vent. It just UV deteriorated that's how I know what those screws hold on. In fact i think I just replaced the upper portion of the cover and left the lower (no self leveling sealer to deal with) and capped off the screw heads just like they did only smooth with the surface.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                          X