TV Signal Loss to Bedroom -'21 Solitude 377mbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Signal Loss to Bedroom -'21 Solitude 377mbs

I have a problem trying to get local TV channels in the bedroom of our 2021 Solitude 377mbs. The diagrams provided by GD are attached. I receive local channels on the LR TV with no problem. I've traced and labeled all cables. There is a cable from the signal booster that runs to the pass thru. That cable ends at a 4-way splitter with a connection to the bedroom, pass thru, bunk and loft. In this configuration, the BR TV does not find local channels. If I connect the cable running from the booster directly to the bedroom cable, local TV works fine.

If I put the splitter back, there is no local TV reception in the BR. To rule out a bad splitter, I replaced it with another splitter. Same result. My thought is that the 4-way splitter is introducing too much signal loss, -7db per connection, for the TV in the bedroom to find local channels. I do not have another TV available to test local reception at the bunk, loft or pass thru connections. I've spoken with 2 GD customer support persons who said they understood my problem, but had no answer. I can work with the direct connection to the BR TV at the moment, but may want to add another TV in the pass thru area for an outdoor TV this summer, so I need a good resolution.

Are there any 377mbs owners out there that have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Anyone out there with an idea to solve the problem?

Can I introduce a second signal booster just in front of the splitter at the pass thru?

Many thanks to anyone who can offer suggestions or a solution!

Dennis
    Disclaimer: In general, this forum is intended to be a place for Grand Design owners to gather and exchange ideas regarding their use of and experiences with Grand Design products. Any information contained in the forum should be independently verified by checking with Grand Design, one of its authorized dealers, or reviewing your owner’s manual.
    Last edited by DennisK; 04-07-2021, 09:26 AM. Reason: Told I had to remove diagrams
    Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Have you tried terminators at the unused connections?
    https://www.amazon.com/Terminator-10...7801805&sr=8-3

Maybe change the splitter from a 4 way to a 2 way and then a selector switch to choose bedroom or outside?
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by DennisK View Post
      I have a problem trying to get local TV channels in the bedroom of our 2021 Solitude 377mbs. The diagrams provided by GD are attached. I receive local channels on the LR TV with no problem. I've traced and labeled all cables. There is a cable from the signal booster that runs to the pass thru. That cable ends at a 4-way splitter with a connection to the bedroom, pass thru, bunk and loft. This corresponds with the trop drawing, but not the bottom. In this configuration, the BR TV does not find local channels. If I connect the cable running from the booster directly to the bedroom cable, local TV works fine.

If I put the splitter back, there is no local TV reception in the BR. To rule out a bad splitter, I replaced it with another splitter. Same result. My thought is that the 4-way splitter is introducing too much signal loss, -7db per connection, for the TV in the bedroom to find local channels. I do not have another TV available to test local reception at the bunk, loft or pass thru connections. I've spoken with 2 GD customer support persons who said they understood my problem, but had no answer. I can work with the direct connection to the BR TV at the moment, but may want to add another TV in the pass thru area for an outdoor TV this summer, so I need a good resolution.

Are there any 377mbs owners out there that have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Anyone out there with an idea to solve the problem?

Can I introduce a second signal booster just in front of the splitter at the pass thru?

Many thanks to anyone who can offer suggestions or a solution!

Dennis
      Dennis

Grand Design does not permit the posting of drawings or schematics for public viewing. I have tried to edit it out of your post but have been unsuccessful. If you can remove the links and picture that would be great.

Thank you

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Dennis

Grand Design does not permit the posting of drawings or schematics for public viewing. I have tried to edit it out of your post but have been unsuccessful. If you can remove the links and picture that would be great.

Thank you

Brian
        I removed the links to the diagrams, but had to insert a link to something or it wouldn’t save. I saw diagrams in the Reference section. Can they be posted there?
        Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
        2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Comment

Originally posted by DennisK View Post

I removed the links to the diagrams, but had to insert a link to something or it wouldn’t save. I saw diagrams in the Reference section. Can they be posted there?
          If the diagrams or drawings are not from Grand Design or have Grand Design on them then they are able to be posted. The drawings that you had posted were directly from Grand Design with there name on them , these are what they do not allow to be posted. If you see one in the Reference Material please let us know.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Took me 2 year to figure bedroom tv .Simple fix .first . tv on booster on good signal. Use the remote. Bring up the menu. Find setup. Tv must be setup before channel scan .

Comment

Working...
            X