Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 303rls TV comes on by itself when I plug in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 303rls TV comes on by itself when I plug in?

Any one know how to keep the TV from coming on by its self other then unplugging it?
    Also when I'm watching tv the ROKU pops up which is annoying I have to clear it every 5 min
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Dennis66 This a much discussed issue in another thread somewhere in electrical i bereave, I can't seem to find it right now however. Just saying my solution was to unplug the silly thing.
    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Dennis66 ,
      Two threads! Google search I used: television itself site:gdrvowners.com

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...to-shore-power

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tcl-television
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post

...Also when I'm watching tv the ROKU pops up which is annoying I have to clear it every 5 min
        I think there is a setting in the menu called "demo mode" or something like that, that I had to turn off. Basically in my case it was in demonstration mode and once I turned that setting off, it quit popping up.

Bob

Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
        2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

great I will look for that this weekend when I get it out, thanks
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

So, I just got off the phone with TCL, the TV manufacturer. After many attempts at setting and other things, they had me do a system reset. found under system settings. I hated to do it since I would lose all my logins and home screen set up. With that said, IT WORKED! I can unplug the trailer and plug it back in and the TV does not come on anymore. Apparently in the original set up by Grand Design if they were originally sent as demo or display, they will come on with the power source. by resetting, it removes that mode.
            Last edited by bridgway; 04-13-2021, 08:31 PM.
            2018 GMC HD Denali Duramax
            2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            Reese Dual-Cam straight-line hitch

Comment

I've been following this thread because my set is acting the same. Also been reluctant to do the factory reset.

Thanks for the answer.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I did same thing was on phone with customer service found my TV was setup as store not home, went through whole setup and boom works like it should
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bridgway View Post
                  So, I just got off the phone with TCL, the TV manufacturer. After many attempts at setting and other things, they had me do a system reset. found under system settings. I hated to do it since I would lose all my logins and home screen set up. With that said, IT WORKED! I can unplug the trailer and plug it back in and the TV does not come on anymore. Apparently in the original set up by Grand Design if they were originally sent as demo or display, they will come on with the power source. by resetting, it removes that mode.
                  Good to hear and thanks, for the update ! A number of folks have reported this issue here and elsewhere. Yup, when all else fails, do a "system reboot" and "rebuild the house !" lol

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                  X