TireLinc - Grand Design PN 450149

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TireLinc - Grand Design PN 450149

TireLinc - Lippert TireLinc (Grand Design P/N# 450149)

Approximate cost from dealer $110 to$140 plus tax/shipping:

If your trailer comes with "TPMS Prep", all you need to order is this part number from your dealer thru Grand Design and you will receive the full TPMS kit to include the remoter alert indicator. This kit is for a dual axle (4 tire) setup. if you have a triple axle trailer, there may be a different number from GD for that kit. otherwise, you will need to order 2 additional sensors to complete your kit.

As noted above, I had to correct the improper wiring from the factory and tied it to the recommended 12V source as-per GD customer service. I also added a on/off switch so I could turn it off where not in transit and to save battery power when boondocking.

I had a spare switch in my stash but any SPST on/off switch will do the trick. Here is the link to the switch I happen to use:

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Qiilu-Rocker-...%2C312&sr=8-19

I also installed an inline 15A fuse as-per the installation instructions. Here is the link to the in-line fuse holder I used (note I replaced the supplied 30A fuse with a 15A fuse as-per Lippert instructions):

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Files
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

I’m looking for ways to get TireLinc to display on Apple CarPlay in dash (if you have it)....has anyone figured out how to do that yet?

Comment

not possible to my knowledge....
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

I don't know IF it can be done, but here is a link to the Apple Car Play page that tells you how to add apps https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
        2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ LB, 2020 Transcend 32BHS, Gainesville FL

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
          TireLinc - Lippert TireLinc (Grand Design P/N# 450149)

Approximate cost from dealer $110 to$140 plus tax/shipping:

I am looking for this exact part and the local dealer quoted me about 400 for it. Is there a dealer you recommend that quoted that price?

Comment

If the power is off to the receiver, are the tire sensors still trying to transmit and therefore draining their batteries?

Comment

I`am not trying to be ugly but if it were me i would not waste any more time with the Tire Linc and go on Amazon and order the TST truck flow through sensor kit if you have steel valve stems. you won`t regret it. You won`t have nothing but trouble with the
              Tire Linc. Just my 2 cents worth
              Bryan & Shelia
              2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
              2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

After fighting with Tirelinc for a couple of weeks I give up. This product is junk and the app is not ready for primetime !!

Comment

Search the Tirelinc threads on here, you may want to evaluate spending actual money on this system. The dock is still mounted in the cargo area on mine but everything else is sitting in a box in a drawer. I have nothing good to say about the system and I pulled it after 2 of the sensors corroded and were inoperable (on a trailer that was on the road for 2 months and in my barn for the other 4 or 5 months)
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Has anyone purchased the Tire Linc system from Grand Design lately? My local dealer is quoting me $354 for the Grand Design P/N# 450149, which would be a significant increase in price from the $110 - $140 listed at the top of this thread.​

Comment

Originally posted by BGauweiler View Post
                      Has anyone purchased the Tire Linc system from Grand Design lately? My local dealer is quoting me $354 for the Grand Design P/N# 450149, which would be a significant increase in price from the $110 - $140 listed at the top of this thread.​
                      I got the same price from my dealer last week. I believe they will negotiate the price down but have not gone down this road yet as I am not sure if "Tire Linc" is the right product for me. I have started a new thread inquiring about stability and how the app is today.
                      Chris
                      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE
                      2021 Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

Originally posted by BGauweiler View Post
                        Not sure what tow vehicle you have but you may have the option of tire pressure sensors that integrate with the tow vehicle. If not then for that money I would buy something other than the Tire Linc.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

On the GM trucks the TPMS system requires an upgraded radio (I dont have the RPO in front of me) usually associated with the "trailering app"
                          There was some talk of adding the receiver to the rear of some models but without the upgrade it will not work. My 2021 Silverado HD was ordered without it. My new one will have it.
                          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Every where I search this item shows prices between 300-400 dollars. Lippert not grand design have this on there parts website

Comment

Self Deleted...for sale posts against the rules.
                              Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 05-03-2023, 05:43 AM.
                              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
                              X