Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    Diagram on page 14.
    Ah I see what you are saying. Maybe that extra wire is for the "door" camera? IE We only installed 3 cameras...not the 4 that it is capable of?

Still doesn't explain why the 12V (cigarettes lighter) cable for the monitor has the 2nd end on it.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post
      So...someone asked a question and it got me thinking....can these work from inside the camper when not hooked up to the truck?

Perhaps I need to test with the truck not hooked to the camper first....but I don't think the cameras/lights have power unless the truck is connected, and my lights are "ON", not "AUTO", must be "ON".

But, would be neat to rig up a 12V connector or adapter and be able to see all 3 cameras at night from inside the camper. Has anyone done this? Wiring changes to rig needed?

Since I didn't install this...I was taking a much closer look at the content of the box. What is the round connector attached to the 12V connector? Looks like a similar one with bare wire ends (extra) in the box as well. Does anyone know what these are for? One pic is the screen plug in...the other is extra.

Click image for larger version  Name:	furrion extra.jpg Views:	8 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	84078 Click image for larger version  Name:	furrion power.jpg Views:	5 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	84079

I know this is an older post, but in case anyone has the same questions, here are what I believe to be the answers:

What is the round connector attached to the 12V connector?
      This is used so that you can take your camera(s) into the cab of the truck and power it, along with the monitor, so that you can pair your camera(s) to the monitor.

Looks like a similar one with bare wire ends (extra) in the box as well.
      This is used to power the Rear camera if you are installing on an RV that has not been factory prewired for the Furrion backup camera. If the trailer is prewired, this just ends up as an extra in the box as it is not needed.
      Last edited by skrantzman; 05-05-2022, 05:08 PM.
      Steve & Laura
      2021 Transcend Xplor 240ML
      2013 F150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by skrantzman View Post

I know this is an older post, but incase anyone has the same questions, here are what I believe to be the answers:

This is used so that you can take your camera(s) into the cab of the truck and power it, along with the monitor, so that you can pair your camera(s) to the monitor.

This is used to power the Rear camera if you are installing on an RV that has not been factory prewired for the Furrion backup camera. If the trailer is prewired, this just ends up as an extra in the box as it is not needed.
        I had seen this but had forgotten it....curious to see if anyone uses their cameras from inside the parked rig.
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

bellis I'm thinking about doing it so I can keep check on one of my cats who feeds behind the RV.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X