Norcold 1210T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 1210T

So this will probably be more rant than informative. We recently had a problem with our Norcold fridge. It quit cooling on a/c power but still worked on propane. Asked for some advice here, which was good advice. Called Grand Design, got a case number, no problem. Our tow vehicle was waiting on the dealer for some warranty repair work. Not knowing how long it would be down we opted to call a mobile repair for the fridge. Didn’t diy for fear of voiding warranty. Repair guy comes checks it out as a bad power board. Ok. Was told it would take 10 days for Norcold to process warranty part, then ship(COVID ). Part came in today, guy calls and says he has time to come and install. I am at work, DW is at home. She calls and says, he put in the new board now fridge does not work at all. There is a 12 volt problem that he will have to come back to diagnose. Of course another service call plus diagnostic fees.
    I diagnosed it when I got home. Problem seems to have been overzealous repairman with cutters. Cut one wire into and nicked another one, blowing 12 volt fuse. May not worry about warranty next time.
    I hope this is not the new normal for service. Just beware.
    Other than the service man everyone did what they should have. Will be having a conversation with Norcold and GD in the coming days to document.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

Now that you found the issue, I would seriously be having a conversation with the service guy about the cost of his fees. Not to mention the fact that he wanted to charge you to come back out to fix the fridge when he replaced a part and it did not complete the repair.

This is why I hate having other people work on my stuff. Most warranty repairs seem to be a bandaid till it fails out of warranty and they can charge you more.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      This is why I hate having other people work on my stuff.
      I couldn't agree more. At least when I break stuff I know where I was working so it's (usually) easy to find what I messed up.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Jlawles2 The only fees we had to pay was the service call. If there had been labor charges I would have hit the roof.
        2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
        Traded 2021 Reflection 337
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
        Formerly M&K337

Comment

Working...
        X