Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap lights on 351M

Greetings all,

Relatively new owner of a 2021 Momentum 351M Toy Hauler. Maiden voyage scheduled for next week (4/30) so spending this weekend trying to get more familiar with all the systems in this rig. One question I have not yet found an answer to and I missed it in the PDI - Where the heck is the switch that turns on the front cap lights? It doesn't show up on the control panel, doesn't appear to be some random switch included in a storage compartment. Just a little baffled on this one.
    Brian & Cindy Rhoda
    2023 Solitude 380FL-R
    2018 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

Originally posted by Brian Rhoda View Post
    Greetings all,

Relatively new owner of a 2021 Momentum 351M Toy Hauler. Maiden voyage scheduled for next week (4/30) so spending this weekend trying to get more familiar with all the systems in this rig. One question I have not yet found an answer to and I missed it in the PDI - Where the heck is the switch that turns on the front cap lights? It doesn't show up on the control panel, doesn't appear to be some random switch included in a storage compartment. Just a little baffled on this one.
    On my 297rsts, it's on the Nautilus panel with all the water valves.
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Only switch I have there is for the water pump, or the overhead light in that bay.
      Brian & Cindy Rhoda
      2023 Solitude 380FL-R

Comment

Brian Rhoda Brian, on the 5ers, the switch is usually on the underside of the front overhang, street side (driver side) just behind the trim between the front cap and the overhead panel. Most likely will have a translucent list cover on it.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Different year and model, but our cap lights can only be controlled through One Control. There is an external switch curbside for the hitch lights
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Joe - I will have to check that out this morning. Hadn't noticed anything there yet, but I'm usually focused on not banging my head when I'm under there! My OneControl doesn't show anything for the cap lights. Maybe needs an update?

John - Did find the hitch lights - that was actually demonstrated during the PDI.
            Brian & Cindy Rhoda
            2023 Solitude 380FL-R

Comment

Brian Rhoda Brian, I thought you were referring to the hitch light. Your cap lights may be attached to the awning lights. I just noticed that our external speakers have lights and they are attached to the awning light.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Rhoda View Post
                Greetings all,

Maybe Curtis OffToHavasu will chime in as he has a 351. Thanks, in advance, Curtis !

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Front cap lights turn on with the Lower Accent light in the One Control system. That controls the underbelly lights and the front cap. You can also change the colors, dim it, or select "Rainbow" which will cycle through the light colors.
                  Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                  2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                  2020 Momentum 351M
                  2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Hiya OffToHavasu - We accidentally ran into that Lower Accent light control while out on our maiden voyage. My wife was just playing around with different lights, seeing what things were and she found it. I had been looking specifically for "Cap Light" and never considered it might be bundled with something else.

Thanks for your pointer all the same! Happy camping!
                    Brian & Cindy Rhoda
                    2023 Solitude 380FL-R

Comment

jbordy -- I moved your post to it's own thread as the subject is different from this thread. You'll find it here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lights-2670mk

-Howard
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                      X