Issue with Linc TPMS, Compass Connect, and 2021 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Linc TPMS, Compass Connect, and 2021 F150

I am not sure if this is a Linc TPMS issue, or an issue with the Compass Connect app on my Samsung phone, or with my 2021 F-150. But when I try to display the TPMS info on the screen in my F150, it only shows half the info. There is a large portion of the screen wasted with a large TPMS icon.

I thought perhaps it was trying to tell me one of my tires was low or over heated, so I changed the pressure and temperature thresholds in the app to match what the tires were actually at, but it still didn't get rid of the giant Icon in my screen. So for now I can only see the temp and pressure of the left side tires.

Has anybody seen this before? Any suggestions on how to remedy this? And if not....who should I reach out to? Ford? Linc? Grand Design?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210501_152108.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	52494
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

I would recommend reaching out to Lippert at customerservice@lci1.com like I did. I also have a problem with a 2020 F-150 and the app. In my case, it won't stay connected for more than a few minutes. They were responsive in collecting information.
    Andy & Sherry
    2021 2500RL w/ Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200
    2020 Ford Raptor w/ custom Deaver springs

Comment

BillM321 AndyBaum While not of any help I do have a question for you two. How are you getting the tpms app to run on your sync-3 and 4 in your f-150? I would be interested to know as I am considering the tire linc-tpms system.

Thanks
      Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
        BillM321 AndyBaum While not of any help I do have a question for you two. How are you getting the tpms app to run on your sync-3 and 4 in your f-150? I would be interested to know as I am considering the tire linc-tpms system.

Thanks
        Dave
        Great question. I have Sync3 and I wasn't aware until BillM321 's post that it was even possible.
        Andy & Sherry
        2021 2500RL w/ Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200
        2020 Ford Raptor w/ custom Deaver springs

Comment

If memory serves.......The truck downloaded the app from my phone. I had installed the Compass Connect app on my phone and got it paired up with the trailer and was able to control the lights, awning, etc. and also see the TPMS info on my phone. And then once that was working I went to the truck and in the menu there was an option for add app. I think at that point it found the app on my phone and installed it on the truck. I could be wrong....but that is what I think I recall happening. If I would have known this question was coming I would have paid closer attention when installing

Bill M.
          2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

BillM321 O.K. that seems reasonable thru the phone, does that mean you are using the usb cord from the phone to the truck? If so that makes sense. TPMS to blue tooth on phone to truck by way of the usb cable. Never thought of that.

Thanks
            Dave
            flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

BillM321.... Thanks for posting, I didn't know the Compass app could be displayed on the truck. Anyway... I have the same partially displayed TPMS info, 2021 F150 and iPhone (12Pro Max) so I guess we can eliminate Android or iOS as the problem.

Tom
              Tom L
              2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 F150 Powerboost

Comment

I have reached out to Lippert like Andy suggested, and they have already replied and asked me some additional questions. I also advised them that (thanks to TKLJR) that the issue happens with both Android and iOS.

I will post back on here to let you know what they say.

Bill M.
                2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

UPDATE **

I got a reply from Lippert today. The person I had been emailing with said they spoke to their engineering team and the response was this:

"He stated they are going to abbreviate “Front” to “F” and “Rear” to “R” in an attempt to fit more information on the screen. That’ll be in the next release of the app

This will be a quick fix till we can speak with Ford and find a better solution."

He didn't say when the next release of the app was due to be released. I will update here if I get any more info.

Bill M.
                  2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                  2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

My bigger issue with the way the Lippert TPMS interfaces with my F150 Sync 3 (via iPhone) is it stops updating and doesn’t post a tire event, such as loosing contact with a given tire. Advice?
                    2022 3100RD
                    2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
                    Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Working...
                    X