Dometic Fridge not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic Fridge not cooling

So this is the second time out with the new camper. Three weeks ago we went to the mountains where it was cool and the fridge was fine. This weekend we’re in Charleston SC where it was 85 yesterday and we came back to see the fridge reading 44 degrees. Totally unsafe. 45 dollars of meats and cheeses trashed. This is the 4 door dometic and I bumped up the temp switch Up to 5 and it went up to 46. Not sure what is going on. Read various threads that say basically this fridge is crap. I’ll be on the phone with GD when I get home.
    Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Originally posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    So this is the second time out with the new camper. Three weeks ago we went to the mountains where it was cool and the fridge was fine. This weekend we’re in Charleston SC where it was 85 yesterday and we came back to see the fridge reading 44 degrees. Totally unsafe. 45 dollars of meats and cheeses trashed. This is the 4 door dometic and I bumped up the temp switch Up to 5 and it went up to 46. Not sure what is going on. Read various threads that say basically this fridge is crap. I’ll be on the phone with GD when I get home.
    Freezer temperature is the diagnostic measure. Though refrigerator temp is not unimportant, you need to know your freezer temperature to do any troubleshooting.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I’ll get a thermometer for it. Thanks
      Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
      (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
      2012 GMC 2500HD
      B&W Turnover ball
      Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Comment