Technology Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology Cabinet

Click image for larger version  Name:	40B3FEF7-DE09-49A4-88EB-164E10795525.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	53894Click image for larger version  Name:	92BF6729-477E-4BBB-A6F4-6BA28FC08626.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	53895 Having just purchased my 2600RB I needed a location for technology items that would not take up space needed for every day living. After probing around I found the perfect spot behind the television on the left side. It requires that you (carefully) cut an access opening. Removing the Compass Connect panel will help you see where not to cut. There is a rats nest of wiring in there but a few zip ties will clean this up nicely. Power for the cabinet can be obtained from a spare 12vdc fuse location on the panel, with wires run into the cabinet. A terminal strip helps distribute the power to several devices. This is also a great place to penetrate the roof for an external 5 in 1 antenna for cellular and WiFi. I used the material from the cutout along with matching trim from Lowes to make a door. Since the basic design is the same in other models I suspect this location would work for many others.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bwilkerson; 05-16-2021, 08:54 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Diesel
    Hensley Hitch - eliminates sway!

Hello, I have recently purchased a RB2600 and I am looking to install a Wifi router and a 7 wire antenna. I am so happy to find your post and I have a few questions for you. Do think you could help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by krmfarrant@gmail.com View Post
      Hello, I have recently purchased a RB2600 and I am looking to install a Wifi router and a 7 wire antenna. I am so happy to find your post and I have a few questions for you. Do think you could help me out?
      Unfortunately the OP hasn't visited since June, so with a lack of a "tag" or quote it is unlikely they'll see your query.

ncitro may be able to help with your questions. Please take a moment to introduce yourself--what GD unit do you own?

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hello Outdoor Living I have a Reflection 28BH and I've give the technology cabinet route, with a Peplink router with five wire antenna as well as Starlink. Let me how what your questions are. I was able to run my cables up through an existing chase, into the ceiling and then fish them over to the AC unit and up into the roof from there. My antenna is pretty low profile so I actually mounted it onto my AC shroud. Given you're looking at a seven wire I'd need it's three Mobilemark or Poynting units, they're much taller. WondersAwait has one of those on this unit (also a Reflection).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	101535

Name:	83E8270E-1AAD-4E3F-950B-EA8C9E5AD24A.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	101536

Name:	496F8CAD-7656-4AFC-92C4-342339D3ECC6.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	101537
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by krmfarrant@gmail.com View Post
          I would be glad to help in any way I can. What questions do you have?
          2021 Imagine 2600RB
          2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Diesel
          Hensley Hitch - eliminates sway!

Comment

Due to this post I added my wifi setup to my modifications thread. See the post below:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...575#post101575

I'm happy to answer questions if you have any.
            David and Deana
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
            2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied. I've gotten tied up in some other issues and haven't had time to forward my questions. Your post's have been helpful, and have given me a few ideas on how to proceed. With Christmas coming up quickly, I might have to put my installation on hold for a bit, but I will update you all on my progress and reach out if I do have questions. Thanks for the support!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for responding! And offering to help me out.

My plan is:

I would prefer at this time not to make the access door behind the TV. I did removed the Compass Connect Panel {CCP) as you suggested to see what is in this hidden area, it looks perfect for what I would like to do. I used my Multimeter to locate the 12 vdc power going into the CCP, so my plan to supply power to my router is to access the two wires, hot & neutral from the CCP. I'm assuming the CCP and the router don't draw a lot of voltage, so adding the router to this existing circuit hopefully will not be an issue.

Black wire coming into CCP is neutral and red wire coming into CCP is hot.

Name:	image.png
Views:	440
Size:	825.0 KB
ID:	102015

With access from removing the CCP, I will drill the hole for the 7 wire antenna through the roof of the RV and run the wires into the hidden area. Then I can mount the router on the panel wall behind the TV like ncitro did, and drill what ever holes I need to bring the power and 7 antenna wires into the router behind the TV.

I do have a few questions...

1) With my plan I don't think I need to do this part of your plan, but can you give more details on this comment from your post:

"Power for the cabinet can be obtained from a spare 12vdc fuse location on the panel, with wires run into the cabinet."

2) Did you drill your hole for your 5 wire antenna through the roof as I am planning to? And if you did, have you had any issues such as water coming in from drilling the hole through the roof?

3) What tool did you use to cut your cabinet access door. Just in case I decide to go this way as well.

Thanks,

Ken​

Comment

Bwilkerson,

Just came across your post and pix of the access door. I also have the 2600RB and just last weekend removed the compass connect panel to see what was behind. I saw that large area and was planning on utilizing it to help get wiring for my EMS and Victron battery monitor. Your idea and pictures are perfect. I'm going to copy you on the access door as it will definately make the work I'm planning much easier. Thanks for the post and Pics.
                  Jim & Kathy
                  2022 Imagine 2600RB
                  2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                  trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Working...
                  X