Charred/scorched wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryBro View Post
    Just found this on Amazon and think I will order it - just to be safe. https://www.amazon.com/Team-Performa...s%2C303&sr=8-3
    I know this is old, but I'd be wary of relying on this. It is designed for radiant heat, and we're so close to the wall that it may be more conductive. Not sure how it will protect from that.
    Al and Kathe
    :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
    2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Comment

It does not appear to me that this heat transfer has anything to do with the exhaust air flow . . . whether this is inside or outside the trailer as long as it is one or the other.
      The heat measurement of the unit itself on the workbench is a good idea.

If I were trying to solve this. I would try inserting a heat isolating baking sheet (or part of one) between the microwave and the wall.
      See attached.

Rob
      Attached Files
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We have the Furrion in our unit and after all of the posts in the past and including this one as well as the new one from lobsters I went out and removed ours just for a precautionary measure. I did not find anyting that would resemble any melting or burning that has been depicted here. I realize that this has neo relevance to this discussion but wanted to add this. We do not use ours very much , maybe 10 times a year or so. I will keep an eye on it if usage does grow.
        Does this mean Furrion microwaves do not have this problem?, I am not sure.
        My guess would be that the "flux capacitor" is located right on the back wall of the microwave thus generating a large amount of heat in a small area. A new different brand a microwave may be in order to solve this issue, or a call to microwave manufacture to see what there thoughts are.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          We have the Furrion in our unit and after all of the posts in the past and including this one as well as the new one from lobsters I went out and removed ours just for a precautionary measure. I did not find anyting that would resemble any melting or burning that has been depicted here. I realize that this has neo relevance to this discussion but wanted to add this. We do not use ours very much , maybe 10 times a year or so. I will keep an eye on it if usage does grow.
          Does this mean Furrion microwaves do not have this problem?, I am not sure.
          My guess would be that the "flux capacitor" is located right on the back wall of the microwave thus generating a large amount of heat in a small area. A new different brand a microwave may be in order to solve this issue, or a call to microwave manufacture to see what there thoughts are.

Brian
          Plutonium is required to properly operate the Flux Capacitor. You folks must have this different power source behind your converter panel. I am trying to convert to dilithium crystals but they are rare and expensive. Additionally, the mini-reactor needs good shielding and cooling. More weight in the coach, just what I don't need. I may just go with solar until I can find a dependable alternate source. In the meantime my Furrion conv/micro just blows fuses. Parts on order.

Comment

Pardon the delay. Amazon comes through again with new door latch assembly per link earlier in this thread. Installed with oven in place. Added some lube to the latch ports and it all works slick. No blown fuses since. We are also careful to manually stop the power cycle or let it time out before opening the door.
            Thanx to links and great folks in our forums.

Comment

Probably a little late here, but we just took delivery on our Momentum 381m if February with a Furrion unit. I noticed some of you thinking GD should have a recall. By April our dealer informed us that there indeed was a recall pertaining to discoloration caused by the convection unit. Dealer said they installed a metal plate behind the unit. At this time, I have not investigated as we have not used the convection. Maybe check with you dealer or the repair shop you use and ask them about this.

Just adding my 2 cents.
              Tom and Bea
              2015 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
              2019 Monentum 381 M
              2020 Hensley Trailer Saver TS3 air ride hitch
              Shadow-King Charles Spaniel mix (rescued)

Comment

Originally posted by FireCpl View Post
                Probably a little late here, but we just took delivery on our Momentum 381m if February with a Furrion unit. I noticed some of you thinking GD should have a recall. By April our dealer informed us that there indeed was a recall pertaining to discoloration caused by the convection unit. Dealer said they installed a metal plate behind the unit. At this time, I have not investigated as we have not used the convection. Maybe check with you dealer or the repair shop you use and ask them about this.

Just adding my 2 cents.
                For clarification, GD issued a "Customer Satisfaction Program" to alleviate concerns with the charring. There was no recall. There's a significant difference in the meaning between the two phrases/terms! If curious, please search for forum for related information--lots of threads and posts on the topic.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X