Can't get any warranty satisfaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get any warranty satisfaction

We've as several issues with our Transcend Xplor purchased new last July. Right after purchase we had a ring on the dining room table from a coffee cup which is still there, and the "stainless steel" sink easily scratched. I contacted customer service and have never heard back from them. In February we had a recall on our Dometic stove for possible gas leaks from faulty gaskets. In March we had the gaskets replaced and in May we had a call in the middle of the night that our gas alarm was going off. Our camper is permanently located in an RV park and our neighbor has the key. They turned off the gas and went inside and the smell of propane was overwhelming. The next day we went to the camper and I tested the stove and sure enough the gaskets they replaced were leaking. I decided I didn't want another Dometic stove, so I removed it and bought a Greystone stove. I contacted Grand Design and asked for reimbursement for the cost of the new stove. That was about a month ago and still no word from Grand Design. At this point all I can say is their warranty is worthless. You'd expect more for a new camper.

Your dealer is who you should be talking to. Warranty service and quality of repair is their job.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

It is better to ask for a replacement first than ask for reimbursement after. I agree that the dealer should have handled this. They should have replaced the stove or gasket again being as it was fixed by them.
      Also the propane should never be left on if no one is at the camper.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Lindysue Jkwilson Sorry to hear of your issue John. As jkwilson stated the dealer should be your point of redress on the repairs that were made. In my experience with GD they are very responsive when contacted on their Customer service line. It some times will take awhile and a call back number being left with their system and a little patience while you wait for the call back. Leaving a message is less than optimal. A warranty issue for us was taken care of as soon as parts were available. Replacing the stove with another, prior to approval from GD, could be a very large part of the reimbursement problem. GD has been very responsive for us compared to other r.v. brands I have tried to work with in the past.

Dave
        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Lindysue I'm sorry that you are having these problems. All of my experiences with the mothership have been great, unfortunately not so well with the dealership service. It's been mostly minor things but they did replace my oven. You said that you contacted Grand Design, but how and when? They are probably still not in the office, so that may have a little to do with it, but send them an email and start there.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
            Lindysue I'm sorry that you are having these problems. All of my experiences with the mothership have been great, unfortunately not so well with the dealership service. It's been mostly minor things but they did replace my oven. You said that you contacted Grand Design, but how and when? They are probably still not in the office, so that may have a little to do with it, but send them an email and start there.
            Contacted customer service by phone. They said send receipts and issued a case number. I sent receipts and heard nothing. On the first issue with the table and sink, I contacted customer service by phone. The guy asked me to e-mail him photos which I did and that was the last I heard. This was last July. Dealer would do nothing as camper is permanent in the campground and we have no way of bringing it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindysue View Post

Contacted customer service by phone. They said send receipts and issued a case number. I sent receipts and heard nothing. On the first issue with the table and sink, I contacted customer service by phone. The guy asked me to e-mail him photos which I did and that was the last I heard. This was last July. Dealer would do nothing as camper is permanent in the campground and we have no way of bringing it to them.
              If it is permanent, once the issue is documented and approved then Grand design will provide the parts and pay for a mobile RV tech for the labor to install the parts. You will have to pay any "trip charge" for the tech, or you can do it if it is something that you are comfortable with.
              I would re-send the email for both and document the case number and send it to them, but my guess is that they would use the original case number for that claim and start a new one for the other. If you don't hear anything in a few days, follow up with a phone call.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post

If it is permanent, once the issue is documented and approved then Grand design will provide the parts and pay for a mobile RV tech for the labor to install the parts. You will have to pay any "trip charge" for the tech, or you can do it if it is something that you are comfortable with.
                I would re-send the email for both and document the case number and send it to them, but my guess is that they would use the original case number for that claim and start a new one for the other. If you don't hear anything in a few days, follow up with a phone call.
                We stay in the camper most of the time in the summer and need the propane for other appliances. There is no shut off valve for just the stove so I couldn't wait on Grand Design to act. So I went ahead and replaced the stove myself - we were back up and running in 3 days. I'd still be waiting if I'd relied on Grand Design to solve the problem. Yes, on the original stove recall Grand Design did pay for the mobile service call to install the parts but I still had to pay $80 service call. Those new parts (gaskets) lasted 6 weeks and started leaking. I didn't have any problems with the stove before that. Should have left well enough alone. But then I would have had an open recall on the camper. Now I have a stove with more features and it works great. Grand Design would have replaced with another Dometic which I didn't want. So I guess I'm out $700.

Comment

Working...
                X