No announcement yet.

Fridge sweat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vabiii3 , yes, the baffle should swing a full 90-degrees when shut. You can check this be closing the door with the baffle attached it and then manually pulling on the baffle to make sure it is in the locked position. If not, a couple of things can be done.

Clean the door frame top and bottom where the baffle rubs against the frame. Any build-up on the frame will cause drag on the baffle and prevent it from swinging over fully.

If the baffle still does not swing over fully, shims (plastic washers) may be needed at the door hinges to better center the door and baffle in the opening.

Another item to keep an eye on is the top recesses for the door latches. These are ideal places for build-up that can keep the handle from sliding back to its closed position, meaning that the post for the latch will not be fully extended and the door won't latch completely when closed.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

In addition to replacing the crimped drain tube I also shimmed the doors up to allow the door latches to fully engage the striker plate to ensure the doors completely closed and stayed closed.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        In addition to replacing the crimped drain tube I also shimmed the doors up to allow the door latches to fully engage the striker plate to ensure the doors completely closed and stayed closed.
        Hi Ted,

How did you shim the doors up? I have a very similar problem. My doors open when travelling occassinally and my flapper sometimes doesn't close properly either.

Thanks,
        Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I found plastic( might be nylon) washers with the close-enough ID matching the hinge pin at the local True Value hardware store. One washer per hinge pin lifted the doors enough to fully engage the striking plate. Too bad the striking plate isn't adjustable.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
            I found plastic( might be nylon) washers with the close-enough ID matching the hinge pin at the local True Value hardware store. One washer per hinge pin lifted the doors enough to fully engage the striking plate. Too bad the striking plate isn't adjustable.
            Thanks Ted,

Do the doors just lift up and out of the hinge pin or did you have to take the hinges off?

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

TedS my left door (which has the hinged seal plate) is fully contacting the striker which pivots the seal plate. I dont see any adjustment (washers, etc.) that will cause the seal plate to pivot any more? It is currently going to about 80 degrees (see previous pic, above) and I do not feel the slightest leakage between the 2 doors. I am going to look at my daughter's Highlander for comparison, it has the same unit.
              I'll be back.
              Yep...just checked my daughters Norcold side by side and the seal goes to exactly the same position...about 75 to 80 degrees and there is no leakage. I am calling my issue resolved,m it was all about the plugged drain hose. I still don't understand the purpose of it draining into another pan. I am going to reroute mine to the exterior with a new hose.
              Last edited by vabiii3; 07-24-2022, 04:47 PM.
              2017 Solitude GK310
              2017 Ram 3500

Comment

To test the seal at the baffle, use a piece of paper in the closed door, a dollar bill works well. The seal should grip the paper for the entire length of the seal. If not, then more adjustments are needed. The paper test can also be used around the edges of the doors.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                X