• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awning switch won't work

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210616_205014.jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	57807A month ago I went to extend the awning. After pushing on the rocker switch numerous times, it finally opened out. When I pushed the rocker to retract it worked. Today I was able to extend the awning out. When it came time retract the awning to leave, the awning wont retract and now I'm stuck. If the rocker switch is bad, how do I get to it to replace it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Roger Singer'
    2020 Reflection 287RLTS
    Last edited by Norma; 06-16-2021, 11:15 PM.
    2020 Reflection 287RLTS
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
    ReCurve R6 Weight Distribution hitch

Norma

The outer ring on the panel is removable. Carefully pry it off and there will be screws behind it that hold the panel on. There also is a fuse in the wiring behind this panel that may be bad , I would check that first. If you are careful you can pull the wires off of the switch and touch the correct ones together to get the awning to extend or retract , not sure what wires to suggest though , if this works then the switch may be bad.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Norma View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210616_205014.jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	57807A month ago I went to extend the awning. After pushing on the rocker switch numerous times, it finally opened out. When I pushed the rocker to retract it worked. Today I was able to extend the awning out. When it came time retract the awning to leave, the awning wont retract and now I'm stuck. If the rocker switch is bad, how do I get to it to replace it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Roger Singer'
      2020 Reflection 287RLTS
      One thing to mention is if it's a Lippert Solera, there is a way to use a drill motor on the motor head to retract it. Here's a video of it. https://youtu.be/1TNePgV3k3I
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

One thing to mention is if it's a Lippert Solera, there is a way to use a drill motor on the motor head to retract it. Here's a video of it. https://youtu.be/1TNePgV3k3I
        There is also a video on how to manually retract the Dometic awning if you need it https://youtu.be/SmVECMk9vA0
        But I would start with what Country Campers suggests, and bypass the switch to see if that will get it to retract for you. Just be careful that if you happen to bypass into 'Extend' mode, be ready to stop. Don't want to extend the awning past the end of its travel and roll it up backwards.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Norma

The outer ring on the panel is removable. Carefully pry it off and there will be screws behind it that hold the panel on. There also is a fuse in the wiring behind this panel that may be bad , I would check that first. If you are careful you can pull the wires off of the switch and touch the correct ones together to get the awning to extend or retract , not sure what wires to suggest though , if this works then the switch may be bad.

Brian
          Norma

Brian is correct on how to get to the switch. but I am guessing the fuse is blown. Do the awning lights work? if no its the fuse, if yes it is the switch. The switch will have 3 wires running to it. Center is power and each outside is the direction of travel. To bypass pull the travel side you want and touch to the center (it will spark) but should move the awning.

Hope this helps.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Norma Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have a chance, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members navigate the forum, create a signature line and search tips hoping to give members the best possible experience on the forum. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Did you figure this out? Was it a fuse?
              2020 Imagine 2400BH
              2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
              X