Dometic DM2862, Noisy Fan? 297RSTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic DM2862, Noisy Fan? 297RSTS

My refrigerator just started making a strange noise that appears to be coming from the fan in the rear vent. The noise is intermittent so I am assuming that the fan is controlled by something. When I check the circuit diagram I see no reference to a fan. Did GD add this fan or is it referred to as something other than a fan on their drawings? I will probably end up having to pull it out and replace, is it easy to get at and will any 12 volt computer fan work?

Thanks
    Reflection 297RSTS
    Ram Laramie CC 2500 Hemi

Originally posted by Cahriad View Post
    My refrigerator just started making a strange noise that appears to be coming from the fan in the rear vent. The noise is intermittent so I am assuming that the fan is controlled by something. When I check the circuit diagram I see no reference to a fan. Did GD add this fan or is it referred to as something other than a fan on their drawings? I will probably end up having to pull it out and replace, is it easy to get at and will any 12 volt computer fan work?

Thanks
    Some have had luck getting to them through the access panels, but the easiest is to unscrew the fridge and pull it out a foot or so. Makes it much easier to get to the fan. Mine was a different model, but there’s videos on YouTube of the screw locations to remove it. I think they’re connected to a thermal sensor that turns them on advice a certain temperature. Mine had four, and they were mounted to a bracket so you’ll want to match the size to make replacement easy.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Cahriad View Post

Thanks
      The first thing I changed on my 2970RL was the refrigerator fan because it was way too loud. It is an easy swap and I would suggest you put two fans in to replace the single OEM fan.

Check out his thread on this topic.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...frigerator-fan
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Yes pretty much any computer fan will do 4 1/8" mount hole centres, but there are also big differences in noise for different fans. You also need to look at the air movement. I've had good luck with Enermax magma fans. 141 cubic M/hour. They are quiet and move a lot of air. 3 speed settings..about 10 bucks last time I bought (2 years ago)
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
        X