Fan Cover Pops Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Cover Pops Open

Have an issue with the bathroom exhaust fan on our 337RLS. We do have an additional cover on the roof for this fan. It is the original fan with a manual on/off switch and the open/close knob. Lately we have noticed that while in transit, especially over rough roads (typical in our lovely PA) the original fan cover tends to open up. Not a serious issue since we have the added-on cover, but not sure why this is happening or what the "fix" is for it. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and is there a simple inexpensive fix?
    Last edited by howson; 06-24-2021, 10:14 PM.
    Mark & Ellen
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

the threads on the drive screw the opens/closes the cover are very course which leaves them subject to vibrations loosening them. Have you tried putting just a little extra tension on the knob when in the fully closed position to see if that keeps it from opening in transit?
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Comment

Ah the PA roads , all too familiar with these. I have not had this issue as we tend to leave that vent open all the time. I will test this on our next trip out if I remember.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Mine has the same issue. Twice now after arriving home, noticed the vent open. First time I blamed my DW but yesterday she specifically said she shut it. So I guess this confirms I can't keep blaming her. 😛

I'll have to figure out a solution. Maybe a baby bungee thru the know to the frame somehow.
        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by MAW7228 View Post
          Have an issue with the bathroom exhaust fan on our 337RLS. We do have an additional cover on the roof for this fan. It is the original fan with a manual on/off switch and the open/close knob. Lately we have noticed that while in transit, especially over rough roads (typical in our lovely PA) the original fan cover tends to open up. Not a serious issue since we have the added-on cover, but not sure why this is happening or what the "fix" is for it. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and is there a simple inexpensive fix?
          Try closing the lid tight and wrapping a heavy rubber band around the exposed threads between the vent knob and frame (screen). I saw this as a tip somewhere.

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Good tip thanks.

Comment

Figured out a solution. An eye in the knob and an eye on the fan frame with a little bungee. Not elegant, but should suffice. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210626_205507375_copy_1008x756.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	58876

Comment

I have outside vent covers so I always travel with the vents open to help expel any heat building up in the trailer. Basically I leave the vents open all the time weather in storage (back yard) or while camping unless I have the A/C going.
                Charles and Susan
                2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                Andersen Hitch
                2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I think this was addressed in an episode of Red Green, I believe he used duct tape.
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                    I think this was addressed in an episode of Red Green, I believe he used duct tape.
                    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thank goodness there's that option for some of us!
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thank goodness there's that option for some of us!
                      The Red Green show. An interesting perspective on our Canadian way of doing things. More widely known than I would have thought.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback. I plan to try tightening the screw first. If not successful I will move on to the rubber band and if still needed, the bungee cord fix as shown in Terry's photo. I'll keep you posted as to what finally works for us.
                        Mark & Ellen
                        2020 Reflection 337RLS
                        2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Working...
                        X