Interior Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Monitor

Does anyone use a system for monitoring the temperature inside their rv that can send alerts to you. We have pets that travel with us and are looking for something to monitor the inside of our trailer. Looking for something that could monitor temperature in case the a/c quits.
    Tried searching but did not come up with any results, probably didn’t hit the right key words.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

Originally posted by M&K337 View Post
    Does anyone use a system for monitoring the temperature inside their rv that can send alerts to you. We have pets that travel with us and are looking for something to monitor the inside of our trailer. Looking for something that could monitor temperature in case the a/c quits.
    Tried searching but did not come up with any results, probably didn’t hit the right key words.
    The "gotcha", of course, with any of the setups I've looked at in the past is the requirement for an internet and/or cell connection.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Changing Lanes had a whole video on this:

I think this is the product they use:
      https://amzn.to/3AdxVM9

It's cellular based. It also alerts when it loses power (has a battery backup) so you can figure out if the power is on or off.

Note, they've switched this out to a different system, where they've replaced the RV thermostat with a WiFi one. They've invested in a signficant wifi / celluar hotspot system embedded in the RV, so they no longer needed a standalone system. They went this way, since they could remotely turn the AC back on after a power failure.

Here's the video where they did that:

Last edited by mpking; 07-01-2021, 07:13 AM.
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

howson I had already considered a battery backup for a wifi option.
        Formerly M&K337

Comment

mpking Thanks I will take a look at the videos tonight.
          Formerly M&K337

Comment

I use a Temp Stick to monitor my freezer full of fish and birds from my foraging efforts. I wanted an alarm to alert me when the temperature started to rise so I could resolve the issue before spoilage set in.

I believe this product was originally developed for pet owners who leave their RV with the pets inside. Not how I roll but it is what it is. I have someone to call when the circuit needs reset or the GFI pops and I am not at home. Otherwise I can take care of it myself. The lights on the front of the freezer are a nice touch but far from an alarm.
            Vic and Barb
            2021 315RLTS

Comment

Never heard of Temp Stick:
              https://amzn.to/3BDMXvp

Looks like a WiFi based version, so your camper would still need to have a Celluar based WiFi router to be utilized. It does appear to offer data logging, which is useful if you care about the temperature history.
              Mike
              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Looks like that may have some promise. Still trying to get up to speed for our cellular/WiFi setup.
                Formerly M&K337

Comment

Working...
                X