Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairs won't be done before our next scheduled trip! What would you do????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairs won't be done before our next scheduled trip! What would you do????

Hello Everyone

Our dealer has had our 2021 240ML for A MONTH!
    We were due to pick it up today and were told the refrigerator AND A/C have NOT been fixed! The dealer is waiting on parts.

Although I totally understand the dilemma the dealer is in due to COVID-19 delays, etc. I really can't see camping for 2 weeks without a refrigerator or A/C. I am heading to the White Mountains in NH.

I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on this.
    Should I ask for a loaner from the dealer? (If a car dealership can't repair your car, they typically offer one. Especially, when the vehicle is brand new and under warranty.)

Getting a loaner would be a total PIA because all of our personal items would need to be switched over . . .

Thoughts????

Thank you!
    ~ Kathy

Hiking Girl
    Hi Kathy,

Your situation is (unfortunately) much like that of most RV owners. If it is something that the dealer has to fix or replace, the wait is ridiculously long. You can contact Grand Design Customer Service directly with your VIN, to learn whether your dealer has actually ordered the parts. Not that this will help the current situation. I have never heard of an RV dealer offering "loaner" RVs. If you explain your situation to Customer Service (contact info on the right side of the home page of this forum) they may authorize you to get a mobile RV Service company to do the repairs. There may be a fee that you have to pay for the Service guy to come to your trailer, but Grand Design might cover the repair. In my opinion . . . the only way to save your vacation is to get your RV repaired by someone other than the dealer. Someone who makes their living repairing RVs is always better at it than someone who makes their living selling RVs.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Like above, I would reach out to GD customer service to confirm the parts are even on order. Some dealers are notorious for blaming others when in actuality they are sitting on the job waiting for a slow time (ask me how I know this)
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I'd get it back from them, buy an ice chest if you don't already have one and go.

John
        John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
        2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
        ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
        2017 Jayco 26BH
        2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Working...
        X