Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Stove Igniter Failed

Hello,

I have known about this problem for some time, but now think we need to address it. The ignitors on three of the stove burners and on the oven are fine, but the one on the top left burner is inoperative. Ignitors seem to have three components -- the button control module, the integrated circuit card and the actual ignitor. I did unbolt the stove top to view the wires and all that I can see are fine. The Insignia handles are locked on and difficult to remove.

I thought we might just live with this failed item because we usually do not use the top left burner. However, if we ever sell this, the new buyer will want this to work, so we think we should find a solution. I have called Grand Design two weeks ago (MAA01598) and have been on hold for the last hour, so thought I might check with the wisdom of our Moderator friends.

It seems that there are two options. If Grand Design has a trained Insignia technician, I might work with him to test the components and replace the failed item. Alternatively, Grand Design could ship a new unit and a local tech and I will change it out and ship back the defective one. The change is simple -- unbolt the two front clips, one electric and one gas connection. (Electric and gas disconnected first). There is no dealer in the area and, if there were one, a dealer would not touch the Insignia parts, so that is not a solution.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best,

Charles
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

If GD would send you a new unit you may try to get a mobile tech involved. You would have to pay his fee for coming to the site but GD should pay for the rest. Sometimes it is best to keep on Customer Service gently , squeaky wheel gets the grease. 3 or 4 days would be enough wait time between phone calls if they do not return your call.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Take a close look at the igniter and make sure the tip isn't touching any metal. Try lighting it in the dark and see if it is sparking elsewhere.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Likewise check around the igniter and the igniter itself for anything that could stop a spark. if possible, swap the wires from one igniter to anther to rule out a short if possible.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Brian, John and Joe,

Thanks for the suggestions. We are on holiday, but I will work on this when we return home.

Best,

Charles
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Working...
          X