Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv / Radio reception

Hello all.
    I know this is a common problem but running thru the forum I cant find much listed for the Momentum. My tv reception is non existent right now since I moved 15 feet from another site, I had 4 channels there. My FM radios, (Jensen inside and Furion outside) will only pick up 2 stations. I have checked the connection at the wall plate and I do believe they are wired properly. I have pulled the speakers down and tried to locate the wires from the Winegard 360, but no luck. I spent 2 hours with GR service on hold and asked for a call back, but no luck.
    I saw a wiring diagram where the individual showed the colors of the cables at the wall plate, but i cant find it again, (not sure it was for the momentum).
    Thank you for reading my rambling, I am at wits end with this thing.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Did you check to make sure the antenna booster is on? If the button is pushed in and the light is on then it is on.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian,
      Yes the light is on and I have 12v power at the switch.
      2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
      2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

I have the Rockford Fosgate head unit in my Solitude and had no radio reception with or without the booster pressed. I checked my truck, and even with the stubby antenna, I was able to get 6 or so stations.

I pulled the head unit out and saw that there was a 4 way splitter (4 outputs and one input). These splitters cause signal to attenuate and some brands do better than others. There is also a frequency range on the splitter that may be hurting signal as well.

If I recall correctly, only 3 of my 4 outputs were being used. I moved the radio from one side of the splitter to the other (using the last open connection) and was finally able to pull in 2 stations. I plan to replace the 4 way with a 3 way splitter to further test. Not sure at this point which one I will use...I need to do some more research.

Your rig might be different, but worth a look maybe.
        Chris & Jill
        2021 Grand Design Solitude 345GK
        2018 Ram 3500 LB SRW / Curt Q24

Comment

Thank you Chris. I did notice that when i was out side and bumped the Furion radio, the signal changed. I will dig some more.
          2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
          2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

I pulled my Furion radio from the outside cabinet and notice all the antennas tied together, (Tv and Radio) Wingard has a separate radio antenna and I don't understand why GD didn't use it? I am planning on just installing two rubber duck antennas for my radio.
            2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
            2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

Working...
            X