Adding A 12 volt Ceiling Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding A 12 volt Ceiling Fan

Hi, I have a 2017 303 RLS Reflection and would like to add a ceiling fan between the lights over the kitchen island and the rear air conditioner. Has anybody done this before and if so how did you run the wires thru the ceiling trusses to the entrance panel by the front door where I would like to install the switch controller for the fan?. I could not find any reference anywhere on the form. Thanks, Dave

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01924.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	59915
    I added one in my Momentum. I ran the wires next to the trim molding to the back power panel and covered with white wire covers. Didn't want to hassle with the "attic."

It can be done through the "attic" as I did it to add a powered vent fan in my bedroom where there was no vent or power. In that case I got power from the vent fan in the bathroom. Was able to use a fish tape between them.

Edit: be sure to account for slides
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Slowtation
      Hi Dave,

The roof structure is crosswise open trusses with fibreglass batt insulation between. So, if you open/access a big enough opening to get your hand up in there, you should be able to route wiring. If you drop the "box" over the island, you will only find a small hole where the wire for the two lights comes through. You could cut a larger hole that would be covered when the box is reinstalled.

Another thought would be to power this new fan from either the circuit powering the fan over the kitchen of the circuit powering the lights over the island. The new ceiling fan could have its own wireless remote control and wired in this manner would require that either the exhaust fan or the lights be turned on before the ceiling fan could operate . . . but, this might be a better compromise than trying to get new wires to the main panel area.

Rob (another 303RLS owner)
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X