Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winterizing Residential Refrigerator ice maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing Residential Refrigerator ice maker?

Our Solitude 2930 has a Samsung Residential refrigerator with ice maker. Anyone know the procedure to winterize it?

You will want to run RV antifreeze through it until it comes out dark pink in the ice tray. Dont rely on just disconnecting the water line or blowing it out because water will likely stay within the fridge solenoid valves freeze and then $$$ next spring. i have done it this way for last 2 winters in frigid Iowa winters with no problems.
    1) run antifreeze through all the lines both cold and hot per manual instructions leave in winterize mode and make sure you have antifreeze to siphon into the panel
    2) Make sure the ice maker valve is on in the Nautilus panel
    3) There is a small white square button on the icemaker just underneath the front edge. Pushing this will force a manual fill and dump of the icetray. Keep cycling it until you see dark pink antifreeze fill up the ice tray. On our 377 mbs-r this takes 12-15 cycles (approx 4-5 min of manually cycling the icemaker)
    Ryan and Ali
    2017 377 MBS-R- 2017 GMC Denali
    Disc brakes, Morryde suspension upgrades many more
    Pullrite Superglide 18k

Comment

Great info on winterizing the Samsung fridge Hwktlg8. I winterized our Solitude today and used your method for fridge. I've cycled the ice maker over twenty times and still getting water into ice tray. It was getting late so I will try to finish tomorrow. There must be a long water line from the Nautilus panel to the icemaker. I thought after 20 cycles I'd see antifreeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
        You will want to run RV antifreeze through it until it comes out dark pink in the ice tray. Dont rely on just disconnecting the water line or blowing it out because water will likely stay within the fridge solenoid valves freeze and then $$$ next spring. i have done it this way for last 2 winters in frigid Iowa winters with no problems.
        1) run antifreeze through all the lines both cold and hot per manual instructions leave in winterize mode and make sure you have antifreeze to siphon into the panel
        2) Make sure the ice maker valve is on in the Nautilus panel
        3) There is a small white square button on the icemaker just underneath the front edge. Pushing this will force a manual fill and dump of the icetray. Keep cycling it until you see dark pink antifreeze fill up the ice tray. On our 377 mbs-r this takes 12-15 cycles (approx 4-5 min of manually cycling the icemaker)
        Thank you Hwktig8 , I used this method today and it made life much simpler !!!
        Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
        2020 Solitude 310 GK
        2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

Wow, great intel on the secret white button; no idea it was there. We are in Texas and expecting freezing temps tonight and tomorrow. So I've shut off the icemaker valve in the panel and just pressed the white button. It made a noise like it was about to cycle but nothing yet. Will keep at it.
          2018 RAM 3500 LB SRW
          2020 Solitude S-class 2930RL-R

Comment

Working...
          X