2021 GD Reflection 367 Winegard 360+ visually confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GD Reflection 367 Winegard 360+ visually confirmed

I removed the cap on the inside and found that I have 2 power wires, Orange white and white and a single green lead. I thought I was supposed to have 3 total colored leads. Notice also that the power wires do not terminate at the cap as is stated in this video: (141) How to Connect the Winegard Gateway to a WineGard Air 360+ via a Ceiling Prep - YouTube, instead they appear to continue on. Getting ready for a long trip, hope someone can help me resolve this quickly.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	roof winegard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	60387

I just installed the Winegard gateway this past weekend. It only had the power and green interconnect wire visible. I had to remove the ceiling light and was then able to grab the red and yellow wires. I then cut the orange and white 12 volt wires, after killing the power and spliced in a fuse and installed a switch right on the gateway housing.
    The gateway works as expected. I use my phone as a hotspot and our wifi connected devices all “attach” to the Winegard network.
    I have not tried installing my SIM card into the gateway, I am in Canada so it may not work. But the hotspot works perfectly.

Good Luck!
    Peter
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by descodav View Post
      I removed the cap on the inside and found that I have 2 power wires, Orange white and white and a single green lead. I thought I was supposed to have 3 total colored leads. Notice also that the power wires do not terminate at the cap as is stated in this video: (141) How to Connect the Winegard Gateway to a WineGard Air 360+ via a Ceiling Prep - YouTube, instead they appear to continue on. Getting ready for a long trip, hope someone can help me resolve this quickly.
      Click image for larger version Name:	roof winegard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	60387
      Just installed a Winegard GW-1000 router in our 2021 320G TH. See image of the pre-wiring below. There were three colored wires - red, green and yellow designed to plug-in to the router. The other white and orange wire loop is the 12V power supply that has non-switched constant power. I installed the power switch supplied with the router in the side of the housing of the router as others on this site have done and ran the orange/positive side of the 12V through the switch. Made for a clean installation in the ceiling and also makes it easy to turn the router on and off. Sorry, I don’t have an image of the completed install. Edit: added image of final install.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	4054095D-8FF0-47AD-A581-94400E36064E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	60402
      Click image for larger version

Name:	E2603D4E-362B-4406-802F-A096865AD525.jpeg
Views:	578
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	60452
      Last edited by Villager; 07-13-2021, 04:38 PM.
      Chuck & Vicki
      2021 Momentum 320G w/ 8,000 lb axles & disc brakes
      VIN: 573FM3822M1119697
      2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by descodav View Post
        I removed the cap on the inside and found that I have 2 power wires, Orange white and white and a single green lead. I thought I was supposed to have 3 total colored leads. Notice also that the power wires do not terminate at the cap as is stated in this video: (141) How to Connect the Winegard Gateway to a WineGard Air 360+ via a Ceiling Prep - YouTube, instead they appear to continue on.
        Sorry, but without more pictures showing exactly what the verbiage is describing it is difficult to respond with any confidence of accuracy.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
          I just installed the Winegard gateway this past weekend. It only had the power and green interconnect wire visible. I had to remove the ceiling light and was then able to grab the red and yellow wires. I then cut the orange and white 12 volt wires, after killing the power and spliced in a fuse and installed a switch right on the gateway housing.
          The gateway works as expected. I use my phone as a hotspot and our wifi connected devices all “attach” to the Winegard network.
          I have not tried installing my SIM card into the gateway, I am in Canada so it may not work. But the hotspot works perfectly.

Good Luck!
          How do I remove the light?

Comment

On my 2022 337 RLS, the light is a spring loaded LED. I just pulled down and then released the spring tension. This gave me access to the ceiling space. The other two antenna wires were lurking nearby.
            Peter
            2022 Reflection 337 RLS
            2021 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Problem resolved. Found remaining leads under the light next to it, thank you for that help. Orange to red, white to black.it is up and running.

Comment

I'm about to install my Winegard Gateway. The instructions on page 2 show a picture of the orientation of the gateway with an arrow indicating the front of the RV.

Due to a ceiling light, I can't orient the gateway that way. But I can't imagine a reason why the gateway has to be oriented in any specific direction. Only obvious restriction is to have the gateway wire hole under the cap hole.

It's the only reference to orientation in the instructions that I could find. Unless someone knows better, I'll install it in the only direction available to me.
                Last edited by jpcarro11; 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM.
                John & Susan
                2019 Ford F-250 CCSB
                2022 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

jpcarro11 I agree---shouldn't make any difference. The statement about "making sure the device is parallel to the wall" --for aesthetics?
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X