installing a winegard router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing a winegard router

Just purchased a 2022 Transcend xplor 221rb and need to install a wingard router (recommended) most of the information I have read talks about removing the ceiling cap in the unit but for this model there is none...any ideas on what and how to do?

Hi there! There is already a very long thread that discusses this at length along with plenty of feedback as to if it’s worth it or not. You might want to search for that thread and read it before you put too much energy into it. Good to have you aboard!
    Alan and Julie Hartford
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
    2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

Make sure you have a 360 plus and not a regular 360 Winegard antenna. If there is a ceiling puck light near where the roof area the antenna is mounted, remove the light and see if the wiring is present (red/green/yellow antenna wires - very small, and a power/ground wire for the 12V.

If you don't have either, I would consider a Netgear cellular router (also does WLAN), a Pepwave (awesome), or another one that a service provided can sell you. I use a Jetpack as my cellular feed and use the Winegard Gateway to propagate it to all of my Internet items (thermostat, solar system, leak detectors, security camera, etc.). The Winegard cellular service is expensive for what you get. Many put a different sim card in the Winegard (better/ cheaper). Personally I mostly use the Winegard to connect to WiFi outside of the camper if present or connect to my Jetpack (WiFi output).
      2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
      1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
      2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Working...
      X